Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Curly wigs are_____?
1  2  Next

Curly wigs are
fashionable  
 46%  [ 20 ]
a trend that wil pass  
 20%  [ 9 ]
something my grandmother would wear  
 6%  [ 3 ]
very common in my community  
 6%  [ 3 ]
something I never see  
 18%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 43

amother

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 6:02 am
I ahve anturally curly hair but have never worn a curly wig. I really don't see too many of them around and I guess I don't want to stand out. I also thought they were harder to manage but now I read about a lot of people who have themand just wash them and go. What do you think about curly wigs.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 6:46 am
Jewish women have curly, frizzy, uncontrollable hair and I find it so ridiculous that once married everyone has perfectly straight hair. Shaital hair is what we are taught to desire in society, the perfect shiksa hair. I'd be so much more attractive if I wore a sheital.

Curly hair rocks!

amother

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 7:00 am
curly wigs can sometimes by un-tzanuah (wild kind)
definetly not all of them, but if I was getting a curly wig I would be careful what kind of look it was potraying.

lubcoralsprings

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 8:26 am
I always had curly hair and when I got married almost seven years ago I bought a curly wig. My wig was defenetly a rarity.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 8:46 am
comming back into fashion again!! Very Happy

mimsy7420

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 9:33 am
I have a curly hat fall and it is a bit of a pain to take care of. If you are buying one make sure they teach you very well how to take of it, which products you should and should not be using in it. For example I was told that I should not use mousse on it because it has alcohol in it which dries out the hair. But you do need products to take care of the frizz, usually, unless you buy one with amazing naturally curly hair. And there are those out there.

faigie

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 9:45 am
I love um.

cheerios

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 11:04 am
They're cute!

greenfire

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 11:11 am
s-exy - LOL

ShiraMiri

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 11:14 am
I just bought a cheap synthetic curly Jaquelyn wig on ebay. It hasn't arrived yet. I am planning on seeing if I can fashion it into an updo or ponytail or half-up/half-down with clips. It might not work or look natural, but for the price I figured it was worth a try. I have really wavy hair and all my sheitles have been straight. It is incredibly hard to find a natural looking curly wig.

TzenaRena

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 11:17 am
I agree with the poster who says that it's strange that shaitels are all straight, when Jewish women and girls have curly hair! Straight is what my shaitel is, and I don't like it. The first time I wore it to shul I wanted to hide, but everyone came over and told me how great it looks! I felt more like it looked like I just came out of the shower. And I did NOT want to look like a high school girl, which to me it felt like .

I had a little bounce, wave and curl to my pre-married hair, and that's always what I wanted in a sheitel. But the human hair, esp. customs are very straight.

Hannah!

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 12:46 pm
edit

Last edited by Hannah! on Tue, May 06 2008, 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

malkie

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 1:28 pm
I have a curly milano. it gets very knotty underneath, but you can't see. and it looks super natural. I wash it myself every 2 weeks and put in lots of conditioner. it cost me less than $1000

amother

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 2:09 pm
a poster wrote that great curly wigs are expensive. how much are we talking about her.
and what company should I be looking at. I am interested in getting a really good one. and I dont really know where to look and where not to look[/quote]

jewgal84

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 2:54 pm
malkie wrote:
I have a curly milano. it gets very knotty underneath, but you can't see. and it looks super natural. I wash it myself every 2 weeks and put in lots of conditioner. it cost me less than $1000

The knots underneath can come if you're putting your shaitel on over wet hair Exclamation

jewgal84

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 2:56 pm
amother wrote:
a poster wrote that great curly wigs are expensive. how much are we talking about her.
and what company should I be looking at. I am interested in getting a really good one. and I dont really know where to look and where not to look
[/quote]

My sil has a freeda curly shaitel, it's gorgeous. Being that she also has beautiful auburn hair, she had to put extra money towards it, costs close to $3000.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 3:03 pm
Personally I don't like very curly hair (it looks wild and "not brushed"), but a bit curly is ok, it can look nice on the right person. I don't think a bit curly would look trashy at all. Personally I wouldn't wear it since I have straight hair and I prefer it that way. But to each their own!

Tovah

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 3:54 pm
I just got a wavy sheitel it's so easy wash, comb, and crunch.you don't have to blow dry or give it in to a sheitel macher. every day before I leave the house I just spray some water to refresh.

mumoo

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 4:06 pm
amother wrote:
Jewish women have curly, frizzy, uncontrollable hair and I find it so ridiculous that once married everyone has perfectly straight hair.

I have straight hair (with a natural wave if I don't blow dry it.) Two dd's have what we call 'sheitl hair'. Only one of mine has tight curls-and we are all Jewish

amother wrote:
Shaital hair is what we are taught to desire in society, the perfect shiksa hair. I'd be so much more attractive if I wore a sheital.

so, nu?

Chani

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 5:12 pm
This is just too hilarious...since when did curly hair become Jewish and straight hair shiksa hair?

BTW, my English/Scots/German/Irish/Native American ancestors managed to bequeath to my father, my sister and me an overabundance of very curly hair! Sheitel hair is the farthest thing from my natural hair!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels