Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Making Challah rolls for MM? No need for bracho or to take!

amother

Post Thu, Feb 21 2013, 11:04 pm
I made rolls tonight for MM (25 from 5lb of flour) and forgot to take challah and make a bracho! So I called my Rav who said, because I made the dough specifically to distribute and made it into small rolls, which he considered them little (25 from 5lbs) that I didn't have to make a bracho or take challah at all. Bdeieved or litchatchila!

Anon, because I've been telling everyone!

amother

Post Thu, Feb 21 2013, 11:22 pm
I b'davka learned the opposite. Even if making hamantash we need to take challah because of the large amount of flour one uses.

People who forget to take challah can take so from the bundle of already baked challahs.

Like with everything supposing there are different shitas.

morahtikvah

Post Fri, Feb 22 2013, 12:20 am
My understanding is that there is a shita that you do not take challah if the dough will end up as many loaves consumed separately. I recently asked a shaila and was told to take challah even if the loaves would be distributed to many people. This is a case were different rabbis hold differently.

Mimisinger

Post Fri, Feb 22 2013, 12:22 am
morahtikvah wrote:
My understanding is that there is a shita that you do not take challah if the dough will end up as many loaves consumed separately. I recently asked a shaila and was told to take challah even if the loaves would be distributed to many people. This is a case were different rabbis hold differently.

Op here - one point my Rav made was that each roll was only a fifth of a pound. The answer would have been different if they were loaves.

But it's interesting how people hold so differently.

hila

Post Fri, Feb 22 2013, 1:16 am
And the Halacha in EY is very differnt than that in chul for challa taking. Please AYLOR

Liba

Post Fri, Feb 22 2013, 2:51 am
This may be bideved okay, but only in certain circumstances and certainly should never be done on purpose. You need to consult a rav. If all of the rolls were stored together, in one bag or in a freezer, the rav's answer may have been very different.

Do NOT take this psak and skip being mifrashes challah or tell others that it is okay if they did.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics