Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Would you rather...

seeker

Post Fri, Feb 22 2013, 1:34 pm
So, my theme this year is "fresh food." I will make some food soon or on Motzei Shabbos, put it in containers, and give to people who will hopefully enjoy it. It will match my children's costumes because my children are delicious and hopefully the food will be too. (So what if the delicious children are wearing clown costumes from the gemach.)

Anyway, here are the options:
A. Pull a soup from my freezer (I promise they're fresh and yummy), put in containers, bake breadsticks to go with them. (Poem: Here is some soup and breadsticks. Happy Purim! From the Seekers)
B. Cook some spaghetti, toss with a dressing, package in containers. Have less spaghetti in pantry to use up before Pesach. Find another food to put in the bag, maybe clementines or something. Or hamentashen because I was going to make them for us anyway. (Poem: Roses are red, violets are blue, clementines are orange. Nothing rhymes with orange. Give me a break.)
C. Wait and hope for someone to come bring us MM because we are late birds and there are definitely earlier birds in the neighborhood. Hope it's not homemade. Look inside, remove any really good chocolate. Repackage remainder and deliver. OK, just kidding, I will make my own MM for the few people we'll give to anyway.

amother

Post Fri, Feb 22 2013, 1:38 pm
Is this for real? Because I wish someone would give us homemade soup and breadsticks!

seeker

Post Fri, Feb 22 2013, 1:41 pm
I have one container of the zucchini soup from the BY cookbook sampler and one container of tomato soup with rice where the rice gets a little oversoft from being frozen. If I get around to washing a pot in time I could make pea soup too but I may as well just use what's in the freezer...

zaq

Post Fri, Feb 22 2013, 1:44 pm
your non-poems are hilarious! THOSE I can appreciate.

shanie5

Post Fri, Feb 22 2013, 4:27 pm
zaq wrote:
your non-poems are hilarious! THOSE I can appreciate.

Me too! I love 'em-and I'm a purim poem aficionado.

c.c.cookie

Post Sat, Feb 23 2013, 2:11 pm
LOVE the poems!
My poem is: Here are some chocolate chip cookies for you, because they're GOOD! (me love chocolate chip cookies!)

imasinger

Post Sat, Feb 23 2013, 10:08 pm
I vote for A because I think it will be appreciated more. And I second Shanie. I, too, like a good Purim poem, but lived yours. From a humor perspective, B was my favorite.

seeker

Post Sat, Feb 23 2013, 10:37 pm
Thanks! Made the breadsticks (easy! yay!), soup coming up. Glad you got a kick out of my humor, I was afraid people would think I was being too cynical. But I really did mean it lightly.

imaamy

Post Sat, Feb 23 2013, 11:49 pm
I also would love to have something nutritious and fresh rather than something packaged that could stay "fresh" until next year!

c.c.cookie

Post Sun, Feb 24 2013, 6:17 am
I'll take a soup, please? Can you email it?

jmw

Post Sun, Feb 24 2013, 6:50 am
The soup. Someone gives us soup every Purim for MM. Their card says "have a SOUPER Purim. It's really good soup, too.

chocolate chips

Post Sun, Feb 24 2013, 10:38 pm
The repackaging reminds me of my sil, who told me that her in laws ALWAYS repackage, that is there MM.
So this year she sent them an album of pics of her kids with a reminder note not to recycle she doesn't want her kids album sent all over NY LOL

ps: I would love to get something decent like soup!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics