Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Explosives

miriamnechama

Post Mon, Feb 25 2013, 3:00 am
how do you handle all the noise of explosives, fire crackers etc during purim/ megilla?

I can't stand it, but bh by us the police are racking down on it so shul is more pleasent at megilla....

notshanarishona

Post Mon, Feb 25 2013, 4:04 am
Drives me (and most people I know)crazy. Especially when they do it late at night when people are trying to sleep.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Feb 25 2013, 4:08 am
Interesting. Just last night I mentioned to my husband that this is the first year in a long time that I do not remember hearing any explosives at all.
I guess different places.....

Liba

Post Mon, Feb 25 2013, 4:16 am
I am still hearing them here.

It reminds me a lot of the firework on the fourth of July in the US. The state I live in made them illegal, but it didn't help, people just drove to a bordering state and bought them there and brought them back.

I hate them, and my kids don't like leaving the house because of them, but short of planting undercover teenagers working for the police on every block, stopping them is next to impossible.

miriamnechama

Post Mon, Feb 25 2013, 4:56 am
what concerns me is how terror victims handle it.

in shul was the sharf girl who's mother was killed by a rocket, she remembered everything and kept saying when the men banged on the table is this the boom of my house?

another guy from ashkelon came to us yesterday, he said it bought back flashbacks of the war in november, ie the rockets exploding.

I called the poilce twice but they did nothing!!

maybe if one kid looses an eye or a hand will other kids listen who knows, but why to get to that?

in holland they put up posters before new years day, of pix of kids, and it said I lost fingers cus of explosives, beware don't play with them...

amother

Post Mon, Feb 25 2013, 8:31 am
During Megillah the Baal Koreh had to stop several times to wait for the noise of firecrackers to subside. The firecrackers were going off right outside of shul during Megillah.

Every night for the week leading up to Purim teens on my block were busy with this late at night. I found it super annoying. Why do the heimishe stores sell these things? And why do these parents buy it for their kids?

willow

Post Mon, Feb 25 2013, 10:00 am
[quote="miriamnechama"]what concerns me is how terror victims handle it.

I was thinking the same thing. If I get scared it is a bomb or something it must be 100 x worse for them.

miriamnechama

Post Mon, Feb 25 2013, 4:42 pm
[quote="willow"]
miriamnechama wrote:
what concerns me is how terror victims handle it.

I was thinking the same thing. If I get scared it is a bomb or something it must be 100 x worse for them.

yeah and I was in jeru today, as I was coming from mil, I literally was too scared to pass, I called the police again. they were soo loud.

c.c.cookie

Post Tue, Feb 26 2013, 10:46 am
In previous years my kids were scared to go anywhere alone for a few weeks before purim. They've gotten better, but are still very anxious, and my 8 yr. old was petrified to go around delivering shalach manos. It's really out of hand!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics