Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Stretching out a wigcap

amother

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 7:02 pm
hi everyone,

I got a wig recently on sale and it's really nice. Its got a stretch cap which is great but now im noticing its a little snug and moves back, exposing my hairline. I cant return it because I got it on sale, and I just recently cut it. is there a way I can stretch out the cap???

malkie

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 7:08 pm
either put it on wet, or put it on with your own hair wet and wear it awhile. don't wear a sheitel with wet hair often though...it's not fabulous for your scalp

Hannah!

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 7:20 pm
edit

Last edited by Hannah! on Tue, May 06 2008, 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

red sea

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 7:48 pm
you can go back to where you bought it and have them fix the fit

lubcoralsprings

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 8:48 pm
You wash the wig then you stretch the cap on the wig head. You take sheitel pins and pin it down stretched out and let it dry. It will be much bigger when you put it on.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 07 2007, 4:38 pm
Thanks ladies for your advice.
Ok, I'm going to try putting it on wet. I never heard of that stretching out the cap but it it helps then I'll do it!
Another thing Im realizing is that the ear flaps dont come all the way down to the top of my ears. Confused
I do have side clips but even with those, the wig slips back a lot. Sad
If Im not able to stretch out the cap, then I am just going to re-sell it since I cant return it since it was on sale. It really is a beautiful wig but I didnt realize about the size until I started to wear it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels