Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Cleaning Toys

BA

Post Tue, Mar 05 2013, 8:50 pm
How do you clean toys for Pesach? I guess plastic toys can be washed in warm soapy water, but what about electronic toys, wood blocks, books? I am also concerned because I have a little one who still puts toys in his mouth, so I want to use something safe. TIA

oliveoil

Post Tue, Mar 05 2013, 8:56 pm
How do you usually clean them? Why does it need to be different for Pesach?

seeker

Post Tue, Mar 05 2013, 9:34 pm
1. Remove any cookies, pretzels, bread crusts from toy box.
2. Shake toys to see if crumbs fall out - dispose of crumbs.
3. Look at each toy to see if there is encrusted chometz stuck to it. If there is, wipe it off.
4. All done!

ilya

Post Wed, Mar 06 2013, 6:39 am
Or just remove all the toys for one week. Idea

Nothing will happen if there is no electronic toys around the baby for a few days. Moreover, they are muktze for part of these days. Wink
I usually wash stuffed animals in the washing machine.
Soaking and cleaning some plastic with soapy water.
And buy some new toys and books.

Other toys goes into the boxes and drop them with the rest hamets stuff.

Hashemlovesme

Post Wed, Mar 06 2013, 9:05 am
I clean a few, put e/t else away for the week & get a couple of new things.

bookie

Post Wed, Mar 06 2013, 9:25 am
I do what seeker does. It really doesn't take long at all. As it gets closer to Pesach I look through as we do the nightly clean up.

BA

Post Tue, Mar 19 2013, 10:00 pm
I have a few wooden puzzles for my son, I was wondering if I could wipe them down maybe with pledge. Is it dangerous because my baby might put the pieces in his mouth?
Thanks!

BA

Post Tue, Mar 19 2013, 10:14 pm
What about plastic toys that I can't submerge in water, what can I wipe them down with that will get them clean, but still be safe for my son to play with? I am concerned about the toys because I had a babysitter who fed my son while he played ...
for example, plastic cash register, school bus, cars, jungle set

BA

Post Wed, Mar 20 2013, 12:47 am
I wish someone knew how to clean toys and would share the wealth!

shiffycc

Post Wed, Mar 20 2013, 1:19 am
Toys need to be wiped down with some sort of chemical. Id imagine that if you wipe down with clean water afterwards they would be safe.
honestly, I don't ever clean toysIive been a mother for 12 years) I might dump 1 or 2 into the tub with fantastic(like legos or something else easy) the rest I close off. I have special pasach toys we take out each year, and my kids wait anxiously for them. I also pick up some clearnce stuff aall year round and save it.
ETA I want to qualify that our rav says that toys need to be cleaned with chemicals because they are put in kids mouths, I know not everyone holds that way, but op asked wht pple do so I answered.

BA

Post Wed, Mar 20 2013, 2:12 am
thanks for the response. so my question is, how can you clean baby toys that cannot be submerged in water in a chemical in terms of the child's health and the possibility or probability that he will be putting them in his mouth?. I guess you resolve the issue by putting them away ...
any other ideas?

shiffycc

Post Wed, Mar 20 2013, 3:20 am
BA wrote:
thanks for the response. so my question is, how can you clean baby toys that cannot be submerged in water in a chemical in terms of the child's health and the possibility or probability that he will be putting them in his mouth?. I guess you resolve the issue by putting them away ...
any other ideas?

Put them away or spray a damp rag with fantastic etc and wipe down
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics