Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Pesach prep--not cleaning related

gazingblue

Post Tue, Mar 12 2013, 1:04 am
I'm trying to figure out all that I need to get done before Pesach and feel like I'm missing something, and of course feeling like when is it all getting done (I work).
Shabbos (house outfits) for kids, shoes for kids, spring jacket for dd, haircut for DS, new for Pesach drugstore related items such as toothbrushes, figure out which make-up is ok for p, have my Shaitl done.
What am I forgetting?
When shopping for the kids clothing, do you take them with you to try on?
How do you ladies get it all done? When?

bamamama

Post Tue, Mar 12 2013, 3:00 am
gazingblue wrote:
I'm trying to figure out all that I need to get done before Pesach and feel like I'm missing something, and of course feeling like when is it all getting done (I work).
Shabbos (house outfits) for kids, shoes for kids, spring jacket for dd, haircut for DS, new for Pesach drugstore related items such as toothbrushes, figure out which make-up is ok for p, have my Shaitl done.
What am I forgetting?
When shopping for the kids clothing, do you take them with you to try on?
How do you ladies get it all done? When?

I'm not going to be much help. I live OOT.

1. I do my big Pesach shop where I can get almost everything in one go - toothbrushes, mouthwash, groceries.
2. I don't buy the kids new clothes unless they specifically have outgrown something or it has been ruined. We can't afford new outfits for everyone for each YT. I eyeball sizes but my kids are still little. With olders I can see the value of having them with you.
3. I don't wear make up so no Pesach make up is needed!

Perspective!

ray family

Post Tue, Mar 12 2013, 3:17 am
clothing for self/ kids
shoes for self/kids
sheital
haircuts for kids
hair accessories
socks
pesach makeup
drugstore items ( I do that w/ my food shop to make it easier)
cleaners (we rarely send stuff out)

I tend to order stuff online. when I shop locally (in Israel) I take the kids w/ me. for shoes they have to come

that's all I can think of offhand

Amital

Post Tue, Mar 12 2013, 8:58 am
-dry cleaning (including kittel, if dh wears one)
-afikomen gifts
-order matza / meat / anything else you need to order in advance
-bedikat chametz things
-any paper or plastic goods you need

For more lists and Passover planning, check here: Organized Jewish Home Passover Superpage

gazingblue

Post Tue, Mar 12 2013, 9:30 am
Thanks ladies. Thanks Amital for the helpful link.

Amital

Post Thu, Mar 14 2013, 11:40 am
Oooh, and check your subscription packages and other things you've ordered. Amazon subscribe and save is awesome every other week of the year, but the idea of a case of crackers arriving during Passover...Yikes!

zaq

Post Thu, Mar 14 2013, 11:50 am
Amital wrote:
the idea of a case of crackers arriving during Passover...Yikes!

Leave it on the porch or outside the door and don't open it, and it's no problem. Until you open it you have not lefi halacha taken possession of it, and it's halachickly not yours. Yes, I asked a rav, though you should of course consult your own. I asked, sadly, after the fact. Sadly, because a client sent to my office address a gift of wonderful luxury kosher chametz goodies that arived on Pesach. Upon my return to work, I assumed this was "chametz she'avar alav haPesach". Only some time later when I was asking another shailah did I ask about this, and my rav told me that I could have kept the gift because I had not taken possession of it till after Pesach.

Oh, well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics