Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
ISO nursery in Lakewood, helpful, well priced

SivanMom

Post Mon, Apr 08 2013, 1:55 pm
I recently moved into a new home, and the front and backyards have a tremendous amount of potential. I want to work on it this spring, but my budget is pretty low, so I have to do everything myself. I'm looking for a nursery that will be able to help me choose (for ex. I'll probably need different things for my shady areas, and I have some areas that can't be watered). Of course, I need good prices as well. Anybody know of a good place? Thank you.

SivanMom

Post Tue, Apr 09 2013, 9:27 am
Bump

amother

Post Tue, Apr 09 2013, 10:38 am
I don't know much about gardening (hey! when you're finished can you com to me? lol!) but first of all I think that most people hire gardeners around here and you discuss with the landscaper what you want and then he brings you the plants etc. - but I'm sure if you are good at this you can go to lowes or home dept and choose things on your own. Check out the yellow pages for more options.

SivanMom

Post Tue, Apr 09 2013, 3:42 pm
hiring a gardener is not an option - way too expensive. Home depot and Lowes are not very helpful and their prices aren't great. My mother has been to a nursery that tells her what's best for her lighting conditions, tips on planting, etc. It's too far from here.

studying_torah

Post Wed, Apr 10 2013, 3:44 pm
there are some nurseries down rt 9(near the 70) that may be able to help. I think it's called berry farm or s/thing like that.
Also, on squankum road almost by the turnoff to the highway there is a nursery that has more knowledgeable staff. Sorry, I cannot recall the name, but they have 3 bushes shaped like bears right out front. It's on the drivers side as you head towards the highway.
by the way, lakewood is zone 6 for planting. You can also look at online plant sites to see what plants will work in sunlight or shade.

SingALong

Post Wed, Apr 10 2013, 4:08 pm
As for types of plants go online to plant nurseries online, type in ur zipcode and plants for nj will come up. I went to brighterblooms.com, springhillnursery.com, fastgrowingtrees.com.

I made myself lite of what I wanted where (evergreens in the front, vegetables in the back, perennials in certain spots, etc.) then I went to different nurseries to see pricing:

Jmj nursery down brook road
Lowes
Twin pond farm rt 9

Google for more.
Good luck! It's a fun project!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics