Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Which Convertible Car Seat?

coffee girl

Post Mon, Apr 08 2013, 8:03 pm
I need to get a convertible car seat for my baby who is just not comfortable anymore in the snap-n-go.

What specific features should I be looking for?

Is there any car seat you would recommend? (price range is approx. $100)

bbmom

Post Mon, Apr 08 2013, 8:12 pm
I have the First Years True Fit which I hate and the Britax Roundabout 55 which I love. You can get the Britax on Amazon for $150

coffee girl

Post Mon, Apr 08 2013, 8:15 pm
bbmom wrote:
I have the First Years True Fit which I hate and the Britax Roundabout 55 which I love. You can get the Britax on Amazon for $150

Thanks! $150 is really more than what we budgeted for this, and I would rather not spend as much if I don't have to....

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Apr 08 2013, 8:25 pm
This seat is excellent and safe http://m.albeebaby.com/evenflo.....11045

Basya

Post Mon, Apr 08 2013, 8:27 pm
I have this
http://www.amazon.com/Graco-Co.....+seat

and love, love, love it. My older daughter used it until 40lbs and now my 2.5 year old is in it. It's really comfy. The company stands behind it, (I once replaced the button piece, at no charge - it turned out a lot of people had a hard time pressing it, so they anyways changed it since then)

oohlala

Post Mon, Apr 08 2013, 9:22 pm
I'm also looking for one. Everyone seems to be recommending the Britax Marathon but I'm wondering whether I really need to pay $220 for a car seat, as great as it must be.... I was also told that these car seats are difficult to transfer between cars and that I would need one for each...is this true? sorry to highjack this thread.

coffee girl

Post Mon, Apr 08 2013, 9:37 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
This seat is excellent and safe http://m.albeebaby.com/evenflo.....11045

It seems to have great reviews (and I like the fact that it reclines!) - but people did mention that it is big... what type of car do you have? I have a camry, and I don't want to "lose" the middle seat....

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Apr 08 2013, 9:49 pm
How big is your baby?
How long are you planning on rear facing for?
How long are you planning on keeping him harnessed?

Even a Cosco Scenera would work well -- it has decent weight limits and is cheap, but depending on your use, it might not be your best bet.
Less padding, twisty straps, etc.

You do NOT need a Marathon, no way.

coffee girl

Post Mon, Apr 08 2013, 10:05 pm
I am definitely not planning on buying a Marathon....

I think that now I'm between the Graco (for $71.99) and the Evenflo ($109.99). It's a $40 difference and I'm not sure if it's worth it.... my baby is on the tall side, and so are my husband and my family.... Also, I like the fact that the evenflo reclines....

Any more input?

ez-pass

Post Mon, Apr 08 2013, 10:19 pm
I have the evenflo and I have a Camry. It fits well into the car. It is a big carseat and good for a tall child. My son issall but is very comfortable in it. I used it rear facing reclined and now forward facing. Feel free to ask if u have any other questions.

coffee girl

Post Mon, Apr 08 2013, 10:23 pm
ez-pass wrote:
I have the evenflo and I have a Camry. It fits well into the car. It is a big carseat and good for a tall child. My son issall but is very comfortable in it. I used it rear facing reclined and now forward facing. Feel free to ask if u have any other questions.

Is it easy to put in the car?
Is it easy to clean?

ez-pass

Post Mon, Apr 08 2013, 10:27 pm
I found it pretty easy to install. I did it myself without dh help and had no problem. Dh has cleaned it and said it was not very hard. I don't like to move it between cars much because it is big but I have done it and it really isn't so hard.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Apr 08 2013, 10:27 pm
The Graco Comfortsport is outgrown fairly quickly.
Evenflo Triumph Advance is a pretty good seat. Not the best limits height wise, but still fairly decent. I'd go for that between the 2.

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Apr 08 2013, 11:05 pm
I have the evenflo, and another smaller carseat also in the back seat, in a car equivalent to a Camry. A thin adult can sit between the two. I found it easy to install, and very easy to adjust the straps as needed, which is super important.

lst

Post Tue, Apr 09 2013, 2:57 am
I just ordered this
http://www.albeebaby.com/evenf......html

it was 15% off (84.99 total)

Read the reviews re height limits, my kids are on the shorter side, but some of the reviews mentioned something about height limits.

bbmom

Post Tue, Apr 09 2013, 6:46 am
I like the Graco in theory but I won't get it because my kids would outgrow it fast. I also have a Cosco Scenera in DH's car that is similar in size to the Graco but only costs $40. I actually love the Cosco. It's so easy to install, weighs next to nothing, is so easy to use as an extra carseat (preschool trips, carpool, etc), easy to travel with and I've had way more issues with the straps on my expensive TrueFit twisting than on the Cosco but it doesn't have any padding so I don't use it as my main carseat or on long trips etc. given the low price I don't mind that they'll grow out if it faster.

Basya

Post Tue, Apr 09 2013, 8:56 am
I have the graco comfortsport and my kids are very tall. I used it in my camry with no issues. I have had in the past carseats that reclined, and I never really found the major difference, and its always a hassle to recline, so I wasn't too disappointed that this one doesnt recline. My kids sleep all the way to cleveland in this, and never had an issue.
In my husband's car, I have the cosco scenera for $40 - and I use it just as a spare for the once in the blue moon he takes my kids somewhere. it is very hard, and not comfortable for a long trip. The graco comfortsport is terrific, and when my kids hit 40lbs I switch to the Graco Nautilus. If you are ready to face forward I would recommend the Nautilus, but it does not face backwards.

bbmom

Post Tue, Apr 09 2013, 9:29 am
Basya wrote:
I have the graco comfortsport and my kids are very tall. I used it in my camry with no issues. I have had in the past carseats that reclined, and I never really found the major difference, and its always a hassle to recline, so I wasn't too disappointed that this one doesnt recline. My kids sleep all the way to cleveland in this, and never had an issue.
In my husband's car, I have the cosco scenera for $40 - and I use it just as a spare for the once in the blue moon he takes my kids somewhere. it is very hard, and not comfortable for a long trip. The graco comfortsport is terrific, and when my kids hit 40lbs I switch to the Graco Nautilus. If you are ready to face forward I would recommend the Nautilus, but it does not face backwards.

I was actually referring to the the weight limit not the height limit on the comfort sport. But the thing is, if OP spends $70 now and then has to spend $150 on a Nautilus when her child reaches the 40 lb weight limit then she didn't spend any less money than if she would just purchase a higher weight limit car seat right now. In fact if she were to go that route she would actually save money by spending more now.

In any case, OP, if you plan on having more kids no car seat will go to waste no matter which one you buy. I currently own 6 car seats and I get good use out of all of them Smile

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Apr 09 2013, 11:02 am
No need for a Nautilus -- I wouldn't get it in a small car; there are many combination seats on the market these days.

Tall kids might fit in a comfort sport if they're long legged, but if the height is torso height, it's really a poor option.

coffee girl

Post Sat, Apr 13 2013, 11:12 pm
OP here. So I ended up buying the evenflo triumph 65 lx. I hope DD likes it!

Thanks all for your input!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics