Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Anyone's eye dropped? from bangs?
1  2  3  Next

Dimpled

Post Wed, Apr 10 2013, 1:49 pm
just wondering how common this is.
I have noticed that my right eye is now slightly smaller than my left, obviously because of the bangs of my shaitels.
What did/do you do about it? eye exercizes? did you stop wearing shaitels with bangs or pull the bangs back?

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Apr 10 2013, 1:57 pm
How does your eye shrink from a sheital? The actual eye ball? The iris? huh?

busydev

Post Wed, Apr 10 2013, 2:02 pm
im not sure how someones eyes would get smaller from a shaitel or bangs??

FYI most people do not have eyes that are exactly the same. most eyes are different (slightly, but different)

DrMom

Post Wed, Apr 10 2013, 2:38 pm
Dimpled wrote:
I have noticed that my right eye is now slightly smaller than my left, obviously because of the bangs of my shaitels.
What did/do you do about it? eye exercizes? did you stop wearing shaitels with bangs or pull the bangs back?

Obviously...

Dimpled

Post Wed, Apr 10 2013, 2:52 pm
I don't get what in my post wasn't clear. Being that my side bangs cover my eye, my eyelid started drooping (just a tiny bit. Lack of usage).
I guess the responders either don't wear shaitels or don't have side bangs and have no idea what I'm talking about.

Dimpled

Post Wed, Apr 10 2013, 2:52 pm
DrMom wrote:
Dimpled wrote:

Obviously...

what's that supposed to mean?

busydev

Post Wed, Apr 10 2013, 3:04 pm
I have side bangs and wear sheitals. (and had bangs before I was married too)

and I really dont get what you are referring to? I still use both eyes even when my bangs fall over them. my eyes are not the same size (they dont open to the same size ever) most people are not symmetrical. if they were they would look off.

harriet

Post Wed, Apr 10 2013, 3:09 pm
Dimpled wrote:
I don't get what in my post wasn't clear. Being that my side bangs cover my eye, my eyelid started drooping (just a tiny bit. Lack of usage).
I guess the responders either don't wear shaitels or don't have side bangs and have no idea what I'm talking about.

I think the respondents may wear shaitels with side bangs (or may not) but regardless, are skeptical of your conclusion that the bangs in your eyes caused one to become smaller. It may be that you have reached the correct conclusion, but you are on your own with this as it appears no one else seems to think it is a reasonable outcome. I'm sorry no one was more clear (and respectful)!

Dimpled

Post Wed, Apr 10 2013, 3:10 pm
busydev wrote:
I have side bangs and wear sheitals. (and had bangs before I was married too)

and I really dont get what you are referring to? I still use both eyes even when my bangs fall over them. my eyes are not the same size (they dont open to the same size ever) most people are not symmetrical. if they were they would look off.

of course I use both eyes, but I do use my right eye less than my left. The difference btwn my eyes was never this big, it only started after I got married. maybe my bangs are heavier than normal? it's definitely from my bangs.

Seraph

Post Wed, Apr 10 2013, 3:10 pm
She means drooped, not dropped...

Liba

Post Wed, Apr 10 2013, 3:12 pm
Do you wear your sheitel 24/7? It sounds like time to invest in bobbypins and allow your eye to work at least part of the day.

Kids with lazy eyes get the dominant eye patched. If your sheitel is blocking one eye for a significant amount of time a day it is plausible that you have effectively been doing the same thing, but the eye wasn't dominant to begin with. The eye muscles could chv"sh be weaker and you could chv"sh even potentially lose vision in that eye if you are really blocking it from sight all day long.

Simple1

Post Wed, Apr 10 2013, 3:33 pm
You should probably see an eye doctor, to diagnose what's causing the droopy eye and to treat, and prevent it from getting worse. And get the sheitel styled in a way that it's not in your eyes.

busydev

Post Wed, Apr 10 2013, 3:36 pm
I agree that if you are concerned it would be best to go to an eye dr. But I still dont see how the sheital would really cause it. But no matter what the reason it cannot hurt to go and see if there is a problem and if there is anything to do about it.

Dimpled

Post Wed, Apr 10 2013, 3:37 pm
it really isn't serious, just one eye is slightly more droopy than the other, you wouldn't even notice it if you were looking at me. bh I use both eyes, they're both fine. as a matter of fact, I had them checked today (got new glasses) and my prescription hasn't changed.
It's just something that I noticed and was wondering if anyone else experienced the same thing.

Miri1

Post Wed, Apr 10 2013, 4:05 pm
If you have noticed that your eyelid droops, please go and see an eye doctor (an ophthalmologist, not an optometrist). Any change in shape, size or function, should be checked out by a professional, in a timely way.

The sheitel assumption sounds far-fetched to me.

Miri1

Post Wed, Apr 10 2013, 4:18 pm
Liba wrote:
Do you wear your sheitel 24/7? It sounds like time to invest in bobbypins and allow your eye to work at least part of the day.

Kids with lazy eyes get the dominant eye patched. If your sheitel is blocking one eye for a significant amount of time a day it is plausible that you have effectively been doing the same thing, but the eye wasn't dominant to begin with. The eye muscles could chv"sh be weaker and you could chv"sh even potentially lose vision in that eye if you are really blocking it from sight all day long.

Is there medical documentation of this developing in an adult?

Whether it is this, or something unrelated to the sheitel, OP should really check this out with a doctor.

hot pink

Post Wed, Apr 10 2013, 6:06 pm
regardless of which eye you see more out of, they both move and look at the same things.. you can't move one and not the other (well, most people...)

before I was married I had bangs for several years covering one eye, then I got married and cut my bangs the other way. my eyes are still exactly the same.

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Apr 10 2013, 8:02 pm
Dimpled wrote:

Actually, I wear a sheital with a side bang....your OP was still unclear. You didn't say eyelid. I still think it's bizarre. You should see a doctor.

fromnj

Post Wed, Apr 10 2013, 9:33 pm
It is probably just normal aging and you need a face lift.

gumby

Post Wed, Apr 10 2013, 9:36 pm
Can you post a pic so we can see the difference between your eyes?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels