Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
GREAT toys for 7 year old girl

queen

Post Sun, Apr 14 2013, 6:34 pm
My goal is to have my kids want to play at home and for other kids to want to come over to us. With the crazy world we live in, safer to have kids home more vs. always wanting to go over to friends.

I need help and would appreciate suggestions on which toys would be good for a 7 and 8 year old girl. We are not an internet family and not into the Wii.

Thank you in advance to all those that respond.

granolamom

Post Sun, Apr 14 2013, 10:33 pm
At that age my dd and her friends were very into Polly pockets and lots of arts and crafts. And for outdoor play, swings, sidewalk chalk, bubbles, rocket balloons, jump rope, hula hoops, skip it.
I also have a pop up tent that I set up for my kids when their friends come over. They bring in snacks and card games like UNO or go fish and talk. It's really cute.
Never underestimate snacks if you want to be the go-to house. Even if it's not junk food, so long as its plentiful and attractive, it makes kids feel welcome and taken care of. At least thats what I observe with my kids and their playmates

ra_mom

Post Sun, Apr 14 2013, 10:35 pm
dd's friends seem to love her dress up box best.

ready mini icing tubes (I allow them to finish them up in one sitting when friends are over) and plain cookies. ok, maybe that's their favorite.

the pink microphone with stand probably next.

sneakermom

Post Sun, Apr 14 2013, 11:02 pm
ra_mom wrote:

ready mini icing tubes (I allow them to finish them up in one sitting when friends are over) and plain cookies. ok, maybe that's their favorite.

What do you keep in the dress up box? I'm asking because my kids love dress up too but I don't have a box or anything they just search through the closets and drawers and come up with things but it makes a big mess so I'm looking for ideas here.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Apr 14 2013, 11:06 pm
sneakermom wrote:
ra_mom wrote:

What do you keep in the dress up box? I'm asking because my kids love dress up too but I don't have a box or anything they just search through the closets and drawers and come up with things but it makes a big mess so I'm looking for ideas here.
I bought a ready made chest (it was cardboard and I threw it out long ago - everything is in a plastic container) but it comes with a few outfits, a pair of shoes, accessories. Basically girly 2 piece costumes. I've added another pair of plastic slippers, her 2 purim gowns, etc.

I actually need to redo it a bit as the kids are starting to outgrow the clothes. I need to find some more inexpensive girly costume pieces.

b.chadash

Post Sun, Apr 14 2013, 11:36 pm
Gobblet. I just recently bought this game for my kids and we all love it. Its not electronic so u can play on shabbos. There's also gobblet junior.
Another fun game is doodle dice.

chanchy123

Post Mon, Apr 15 2013, 1:21 am
My DD (8) also loves to dress up, I have a couple of old sheitals that belonged to my MIL, but my DDs BFF has tons of old dresses that had belonged to her mom and aunt, they are really fun, especially old fancy dresses (you can get some at a second hand shop, I'm sure), if you have old shoes (heals) purses, etc - that's great.

Also, my DD loves small dolls such as Barbie, Playmobil, Little People, (I would love to get her a Fisher Price, loving family doll house, but it is not in my budget) etc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children