Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Does anyone want the cheap dumpy bungalow next door to mine?
  Previous  1  2  3  4 9  10  11  Next

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Jun 16 2013, 7:45 pm
2300$. Ouch!!!
I have a better deal ... 1000 $ I provide sleeping bags and a tent in my 2 acre back yard in Lakewood
All meals included..

busymother

Post Sun, Jun 16 2013, 7:53 pm
I'll come!! Room for 7?

busymother

Post Sun, Jun 16 2013, 7:54 pm
Would love to go up to mountains for a week or two in august but can only afford about 200/week MAX...

seeker

Post Sun, Jun 16 2013, 7:55 pm
Poor sad dumpy bungalows Sad A dying breed.

Naturalmom5, your offer is ridiculously tempting. I hope you're serious because I'm *this* close to signing on it!

Yakira

Post Sun, Jun 16 2013, 8:03 pm
WBM its so sad to hear that there is noone taking care of the colony and so few kids left. My best memories are there.

Hope you have a great summer and I do hope it will continue to be open in years to come despite the owner dying.

the world's best mom

Post Sun, Jun 16 2013, 8:58 pm
I know, Yakira. Your bungalow hasn't changed much, don't worry.

When my sister drove in there today, she saw how beautiful the grounds were and started to regret her decision not to come back. Then she walked into her bungalow and all her regrets vanished. Luckily, she called me so I could decide to switch bungalows before I go up and find my mess of a bungalow. She said mine was filthy and the ceiling is all moldy in the kitchen. B"H I was able to switch.

amother

Post Sun, Jun 16 2013, 9:16 pm
amother wrote:
I have a forest behind my house and grass all around. All the neighbors are frum and the grassy yards are all somehow connected. We have a swing set and so do many neighbors. Some families (not too many) have pools and allow others to use. So we have the outdoors and then .... INSIDE is large, central air conditioning, "private" laundry room, 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, study, playroom ..... you get the picture .... the best part is the doors LOCK at night and so do the windows. I don't mean to scare you, but aren't you worried to sleep like that at night??? Who can protect you when you are practically sleeping outdoors? Funny thing is, I pay $2300 a month like you but that is my mortgage.... Maybe you want to move to Lakewood or Monsey?? Apartments with 3 bedrooms go for $1000 a month, if the house is not an option. You sound like you would like the great outdoors here and it's honestly so much safer!

But I still know a few people living in the same brand new Monsey luxury like you that leave it all behind and go live in a trailer/dump/filth for 2 months just so their kids could run around free, and they don't have to be busy cleaning those 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms, etc....

the world's best mom

Post Sun, Jun 16 2013, 9:22 pm
busymother wrote:
I'll come!! Room for 7?

In my sister's 2 bedroom, there's room, but you'd have to share with the raccoons.

Mine was a one bedroom with 2 beds in a little alcove off the kitchen. The bedroom has 2 double beds and a single.

There are 2 other one bedrooms available, with a nice big shared porch (at least on our standards). They also have a bed in the kitchen, but not in an alcove- it's right near the table. One of those is in pretty decent shape.

busymother

Post Mon, Jun 17 2013, 9:08 am
Is it available for a week or two in August? How much? I'd love a place for my kiddos to run around and have other kids to play with 24/7! I grew up in these dumpy cottages and those were the best summers of my life!!

geshmak

Post Mon, Jun 17 2013, 9:14 am
To: the world's best mom
I was roaring from laughter from some of your descriptions in this thread, thanks for the laugh. Hope you have a wonderful summer.

gold21

Post Mon, Jun 17 2013, 9:49 am
Are dumpy bungalows a thing of the past? I grew up spending my summers in dumpy bungalows. We spent most of our time outside. Such great memories.

the world's best mom

Post Mon, Jun 17 2013, 10:27 am
busymother- You can probably have mine after I leave, which will be on August 5. I don't know how much he would charge for 2 weeks. There are others too.

Gold 21- did you come to our place? There's no place else as dumpy as ours.

geshmak- No problem. Thanks, and I hope we have a wonderful summer too. Very Happy Maybe you want to come join in our fun?

busymother

Post Mon, Jun 17 2013, 10:31 am
Worlds Best Mom-Which colony are you in? Is it fully gated in? Lots of kids? What type of crowd?

the world's best mom

Post Mon, Jun 17 2013, 12:17 pm
busymother wrote:
Worlds Best Mom-Which colony are you in? Is it fully gated in? Lots of kids? What type of crowd?
I PMed you.

gold21

Post Mon, Jun 17 2013, 1:37 pm
Worlds best mom, yes I think I came to your place.
Is it really the dumpiest colony out there?
I loved it!
Yakira, I don't remember you having a bungalow there. I'm so spaced out.

the world's best mom

Post Mon, Jun 17 2013, 3:25 pm
Yakira was there many years ago, until we were around 12 or something. She was on the east. Those were the good old days.

Which side were you on?

gold21

Post Mon, Jun 17 2013, 7:43 pm
North? East?

We were only there a couple of summers.

Prior to that we were in a different dumpy colony in monticello Tongue Out

Say hi to Jay Wink

amother

Post Mon, Jun 17 2013, 8:32 pm
worlds best mom: I'm gold21's sister (hence I remain amother!) and the summers we spent at the colony with your family and everyone there were the most fun summers ever. Who cared that the bungalows were dumps? Everyone was outside having fun; and the people there were the most down-to-earth fun interesting lot. Definitely great memories.

gold21

Post Mon, Jun 17 2013, 8:33 pm
U bum. Wink Get off imamother and respond to my email! U want the newsies or not? It's clean.

the world's best mom

Post Mon, Jun 17 2013, 9:20 pm
Newsies is great. I saw it years ago. I can't figure out who you are, though I'm assuming I know you. Jay is still EXACTLY the same as when I was a kid. Hasn't aged a bit. His dad lost his mind before he died though. Jay's been running the place for a few years already, doing the absolute minimum required to stay open.
Page 3 of 11   Previous  1  2  3  4 9  10  11  Next Recent Topics