Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days
Lag BaOmer Events in Brooklyn?

amother

Post Thu, Apr 25 2013, 3:50 am
Does anyone know of any Lag BaOmer events in Brooklyn this Sunday? Location and timing would be appreciated if you have them. I really want to take the kids out, and every year we sort of wait around figuring out what to do...and before you know it, it's suppertime. So I'm trying to plan in advance this year. TIA!

all is good

Post Thu, Apr 25 2013, 8:45 pm
On ave N and east 31st I believe s/t is going on. I know Rabbi Yitzy Erps is telling a story there maybe 330/ 345, not 100% sure on the timing. but there's also the Great Parade and fair that chabad does in crown heights down eastern parkway, starts 10 in the morning I believe, goes on for a while. you need to buy tickets in advance though, you can find out more about that on collive.com.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Apr 25 2013, 8:47 pm
Theres the big one in crown heights at ten am and theres one in bp at three. That one is geared more for boys but many families also attend

crbc

Post Thu, Apr 25 2013, 8:54 pm
Event

ThAt's Ave N and East 33rd st event

forever21

Post Thu, Apr 25 2013, 9:06 pm
I went to the one on N and 33rd last year and it was a madhouse. There was no place to sit, it was very crowded and the entertainment started much later than planned. After an hour of standing around, my kids were so tired we ended up leaving before the entertainment even began.

amother

Post Fri, Apr 26 2013, 2:44 pm
I think we're just gonna go to Prospect Park. Hey, we should organize an Imamother Lag BaOmer picnic. Wink

amother

Post Fri, Apr 26 2013, 5:07 pm
The great parade is free unless you want to buy a t-shirt/ seat. There are plenty areas to stand and watch with huge screens set up every few feet so that you can see close up. This year there is an Uncle Moishy show, Yeshiva boys choir, and Benny Friedman concert. They also have marching bands and clowns all around as well as beautiful big floats depicting different mitzvos. Kids and adults alike have a really great time watching from wherever you are seated or standing. Come, I think you'll really enjoy it:)

amother

Post Fri, Apr 26 2013, 5:13 pm
amother wrote:
I think we're just gonna go to Prospect Park. Hey, we should organize an Imamother Lag BaOmer picnic. Wink

Actually I had the same idea! So it will be an Unofficial Anonymous Imamother Picnic.

amother

Post Fri, Apr 26 2013, 5:18 pm
amother wrote:
amother wrote:

Actually I had the same idea! So it will be an Unofficial Anonymous Imamother Picnic.

OOC, where in the park would you go?

I still have to get it together and get myself & the kids out early enough Sunday for a trip, so I hope it actually happens.

lost

Post Sun, Apr 28 2013, 10:39 am
where exactly in crown heights is the grand parade? Is it along Eastern Parkway somewhere?

amother

Post Sun, Apr 28 2013, 10:52 am
Are there any smaller fires in Flatbush today? Id love to take my daughter to a nice fire where she can dance with her father rather than to a mob scene. Anyone know of one or were those all last night?

amother

Post Sun, Apr 28 2013, 8:13 pm
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
amother wrote:

OOC, where in the park would you go?

I still have to get it together and get myself & the kids out early enough Sunday for a trip, so I hope it actually happens.

Did you end up going? I went to the Vanderbilt entrance playground/lake. Was beautiful!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days