Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Mowing mowing mowing
1  2  Next

what kind of lawn mower do you have?
gas push mower  
 48%  [ 12 ]
gas rider  
 0%  [ 0 ]
electric mower  
 28%  [ 7 ]
reel mower  
 12%  [ 3 ]
battery mower  
 8%  [ 2 ]
robotic mower  
 4%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 25

greenfire

Post Thu, May 02 2013, 2:04 pm
so whilst I was mowing mowing mowing away & wondering what kind of mower do people use ?

I once saw an old man using what looked like an ancient - before electricity was invented - reel mower ... well whadya know I got me one [free from the garbage]

I really enjoy using it because I don't have to worry about smelly gas or long extension cords & as I see it ya gotta walk back & forth anyways

Tamiri

Post Thu, May 02 2013, 2:08 pm
We had one of those for a while. It's nice to use, and makes a nice clickety-click sound as it clips the grass. The downside is that it doesn't pick up the clippings which look bad when they dry :-(

shmaichul

Post Thu, May 02 2013, 2:13 pm
Seriously speaking, I'm in need of a lawn mower. Last year we paid someone to do it but I might as well just do it myself. Any good ideas?

imasinger

Post Thu, May 02 2013, 2:58 pm
I like those old ones. I use a battery mower, because we have a relatively small lawn, and it's easy for me to push, and no cord to worry about.

Monday, I'll mow for the first time this year.

finprof

Post Thu, May 02 2013, 8:54 pm
Why we use a reel mover:
1- cheaper to purchase
2-cheaper to operate
3-small yard
4- "free" workout!

solo

Post Thu, May 02 2013, 8:59 pm
I tried one of those too! To hard to push. And theres no bag for clippings. They go all over. And I need a shower when im done. Now we have an electric one. And a very long cord. The neighbors tell me gads is the way to go.

greenfire

Post Thu, May 02 2013, 9:04 pm
finprof wrote:
Why we use a reel mover:

4- "free" workout!

precisely my point

centurion

Post Thu, May 02 2013, 10:43 pm
how about one of these?
http://www.nydailynews.com/new.....08713

greenfire

Post Thu, May 02 2013, 10:59 pm
yeah I forgot to add a goat to my list ... I really would like one

ElTam

Post Fri, May 03 2013, 10:02 am
Greenfire, me too. The goat could do the whole block...

Raisin

Post Fri, May 03 2013, 12:12 pm
we have a petrol powered one. Problem is husband gets hayfever but I can't start it on my own. One of those hand ones looks like a great idea.

Rubber Ducky

Post Fri, May 03 2013, 12:16 pm
I voted electric but really we borrow our neighbor's electric mower.

The grass clippings from mowers without bags are good for the lawn, even though they don't look that nice.

calaflower

Post Fri, May 03 2013, 1:46 pm
We LOVE our battery operated black and decker! So easy and lightweight for pushing, no cords, no gas, all you need to do is when you return it to your garage, plug it in to recharge it . Seriously, even my 6yr. Old can push it across the lawn

Basya

Post Fri, May 03 2013, 6:22 pm
I bought a manual one from amazon, but even though it had great reviews, I returned it, since it barely cut the grass! I had to go over one spot multiple times, and the tall grass just got bent down. easy to push, a great workout, but not very effective. now we got a messy smelly gas one, but it works well. ugh.

greenfire

Post Sun, May 05 2013, 10:11 am
ElTam wrote:
Greenfire, me too. The goat could do the whole block...

it's not just about the grass eating ... I really want a goat & a horse & a farm - MOO !!!

greenfire

Post Sun, May 05 2013, 10:14 am
Basya wrote:
I bought a manual one from amazon, but even though it had great reviews, I returned it, since it barely cut the grass! I had to go over one spot multiple times, and the tall grass just got bent down. easy to push, a great workout, but not very effective. now we got a messy smelly gas one, but it works well. ugh.

it possibly didn't have sharp enough blades ... also the first of the season is more difficult - but so long as you don't wait several weeks between each mow - it's quite easy

preempservices

Post Mon, May 06 2013, 10:32 am
Illegal immigrant was not an option....Hubby uses a reel. I think I bought it for $90 on Amazon.

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Mon, May 06 2013, 10:42 am
We have gas. Would love a manual mower, but it takes an hour and a half to do our yard with the gas one, it would take all week to get it done with the manual....our yard is just too large. I've seen some people in my neighborhood with smaller yards with the manual one.

greenfire

Post Mon, May 06 2013, 11:12 am
maybe you need a rider ...

but my objective is to be out of doors & I'm happy playing with the green green grass Mr. Green

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Mon, May 06 2013, 11:33 am
greenfire wrote:
maybe you need a rider ...

but my objective is to be out of doors & I'm happy playing with the green green grass Mr. Green

Ohh, for sure I do....wanna get me one? LOL

I love being out outside also, but out law is such a chore because of the size, hills, obstacles (some are our fault), etc. Plus, if I am going to be outside, might as well be hiking!

To give you an idea http://goo.gl/maps/xBfR4

Everything up until the treeline on the left (treeline to street belongs to city). Backyard is a hill.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics