Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Our say story in the ami

rainbow dash

Post Fri, May 03 2013, 9:22 am
I just read the story in the ami about the meddling inlaws. I think it was so sad and im sooo angry at the ils.

Is this a true story and does it really happen to this extreme?

In case you didnt read it its about 'spoiler alert' a couple who love each other very much but her father constantly puts him down in front of her. They are having Infertility issues and they choose not to tell anyone. After they are told that they cant have kids she goes to her mother to tell her what has happened and she is convinced to fall asleep in her old bed. She wakes up and and is told by her parents that her husband has left her and that she should marry someone else to have kids. They make her stay and she runs away in the middle of the night to her house and is shocked to find her dh crying in the kitchen. He was told by her parents that she wants a divorce.

Any thoughts???????

rainbow dash

Post Fri, May 03 2013, 12:07 pm
bump

Nuts

Post Fri, May 03 2013, 5:21 pm
I just read it. I hope it's not a true story. The father was really being unreasonable. I don't see his point at all.

MimiMommy

Post Sat, May 04 2013, 10:45 pm
Psycho parents.

Alef Bais

Post Sat, May 04 2013, 10:55 pm
I read it. I wonder if it's fiction because it's not normal to be true. Definitely crazy!!!

baker1

Post Sat, May 04 2013, 10:59 pm
was totally floored! I mean they have nutty stories in there but I think this one took the cake! especially if it was not true!

manhattanmom

Post Sat, May 04 2013, 11:02 pm
definitely one of their most outrageous stories. I sincerely hope it was false.

Nuts

Post Sat, May 04 2013, 11:03 pm
The writer doesn't really say why the parents didn't like her husband. He sounded like a dream of a husband.

mazeltov

Post Sat, May 04 2013, 11:05 pm
There are all kinds of people and personalities in this world, and it's possible that it's true.

proudmama1

Post Sat, May 04 2013, 11:56 pm
Sadly it can very well be true!! I have a friend who was going through some fertility issues, as per instructions of the rabbi they were advised against sharing with their parents. When her parents found out that they were witholding stuff from them they interfered so much, the couple nearly divorced. But at the last minute some rebbe they went to for guidance advised them to move far away, which they did. Of course the parents were mad and they literally cut off connections with them but my friend is very happily married and ia currently expecting her first Bh. She keeps on telling me how much it hurts that her family is treating them this way but shalom bayit comes before all!

ValleyMom

Post Sun, May 05 2013, 12:48 am
Actually, the plot line in that short story sounds very compelling. I would love to read it.
Life isn't always beautiful. Not everyone leads perfect lives. I wish someone would post the short story on this site.

Lets b friends

Post Sun, May 05 2013, 9:36 am
it cant be true-- too extreme if you ask me!!!

octopus

Post Sun, May 05 2013, 9:42 am
didn't read the story, but sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.

imasoftov

Post Sun, May 05 2013, 10:02 am
Lets b friends wrote:
it cant be true-- too extreme if you ask me!!!
I think that about many of the venting threads here.

wif

Post Tue, May 07 2013, 9:43 am
In general, they do not accept fiction for Our Days. I would assume that it is true.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room