Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Freezer-Frost or Frost Free?

amother

Post Sun, May 05 2013, 9:55 am
Which one is better?

Marion

Post Sun, May 05 2013, 10:13 am
It depends...I don't mind defrosting every so often. Frost free may be easier to clean though.

Barbara

Post Sun, May 05 2013, 10:29 am
Frost free uses more electricity.

Other than that, I cannot see any advantage of a freezer that is not frost-free. I HATED defrosting freezers. Hated, hated, hated. I think I'm going to go kiss my refrigerator/frost-free freezer now.

greenfire

Post Sun, May 05 2013, 10:33 am
what century do you live in ... I thought they don't even make them anymore ... it was a pain in the deep freeze

but if you do get one - don't ever lick it cause you tongue can get stuck ['twasn't me I didn't do it][fine maybe it was]

smss

Post Sun, May 05 2013, 10:49 am
I've heard that frost freezers are better for freezing food - I.e., doesn't get freezer burnt as easily. I know someone who has both and will only use her frost freezer for stuff like challah, cakes etc b/c they come out much better. I have a frost free and its definitely convenient but I don't love the way it freezes - the food gets coated with a layer of ice after a while.

Vanilla

Post Sun, May 05 2013, 12:33 pm
I've had both. Defrosting was such a pain in the neck...would never get one that had to be defrosted. From what I understand, though,there's more of an issue with freezer taste with the frost free freezers.
The air circulates. I wrap everything very well and use baking soda, and really don't have a problem. I love my frost free!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen