Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
I AM NOT A BAD BALABUSTA

MuppetLover

Post Sun, May 05 2013, 6:09 pm
I am not a bad Jewish wife because I use bottle salad dressings. Like I see the dressing recipe and find a bottled version.
AM I a bad JEwish motheR? I HATE MAKING DRESSINGS.

ROFL

Post Sun, May 05 2013, 6:11 pm
You are a good balabusta., are you validated now?

Clarissa

Post Sun, May 05 2013, 6:12 pm
I am a bad balabusta and I always make my own dressing.

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, May 05 2013, 6:32 pm
We just throw stuff. We don't "make" anything.

We throw some oil and some vinegar on it and we don't care how much of either. Recipe, my foot.

The recipes are for people who have a lot of guests, which is lovely.

In that case, you take a clean old glass jar, fill it by eye half with oil, fill it some more with vinegar or bottled lemon juice, and anything else that interests you, but don't measure, life's too short, cover, shake it up, and put it on the salad.

To each her own. What's the big deal?

If you're eating salads at all, you're on board with the cool people. Don't worry.

Last edited by Dolly Welsh on Sun, May 05 2013, 6:35 pm; edited 2 times in total

Clarissa

Post Sun, May 05 2013, 6:34 pm
ROFL wrote:
You are a good balabusta., are you validated now?
I read that as "You are a good balabusta, are you vaccinated now?" I have to stop reading those vac-no vac threads.

Barbara

Post Sun, May 05 2013, 6:36 pm
MuppetLover wrote:
I am not a bad Jewish wife because I use bottle salad dressings. Like I see the dressing recipe and find a bottled version.
AM I a bad JEwish motheR? I HATE MAKING DRESSINGS.

I don't think that there's any correlation between parenting and making salad dressing.

If you're doing everything else right except that you buy bottled dressing, you're so far ahead of the next contender that she can't even see the dust you're kicking up behind you. Don't worry. Enjoy your salad.

paprika

Post Sun, May 05 2013, 8:19 pm
If you figured out which of the 65 salad dressings on the grocery shelf you like best, your a great balabuste!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen