Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Do you let your kids jump on the beds?
1  2  Next

Shmerling

Post Thu, May 09 2013, 10:14 am
Do you?
I know they could get hurt, or break the bed, but when I hear my kids having a ball jumping on the beds, I remind myself how much fun we used to have as kids jumping on beds Bounce . So I usually pretend not to see/hear for a bit and then tell them to stop.

Pineapple

Post Thu, May 09 2013, 10:18 am
No I don't
I can't afford new ones right now Smile

Mommy3.5

Post Thu, May 09 2013, 10:24 am
I have bunk beds if they do they will either bump thirty heads on top our the curling, so fast none have been dumb enough to try.....

myself

Post Thu, May 09 2013, 10:36 am
It totally was fun jumping on the beds as a kid!

At one point when things were quite hectic 'round here I decided to let them jump to keep them occupied, they definitely had a glorious time but the mattress looks more like a hammock now.

If you have a spare mattress then let the fun begin...

morah

Post Thu, May 09 2013, 10:42 am
Beds I think I'm ok with depending how they're situated. The couch is a an absolute no-no. I took 8 stitches in the head from a couch-jumping escapade.

alef12

Post Thu, May 09 2013, 10:46 am
No way! Mattresses and plastic surgeons / orthopedists are expensive!

Simple1

Post Thu, May 09 2013, 10:48 am
It's fun, but not so safe, but I let them sometimes on the older beds but try to keep a good eye on them.

Just don't let them jump on a raised hi-riser - I heard of bad accidents that can happen by it collapsing on another child"s hand (chv"sh).

bnm

Post Thu, May 09 2013, 10:50 am
sometimes yes. we don't have space for a trampoline so I supervise them on the bed instead.

MiracleMama

Post Thu, May 09 2013, 11:27 am
No. We don't jump on furniture. We have a trampoline for that.

anotherima

Post Thu, May 09 2013, 11:30 am
no, No, and NO!

MMCH

Post Thu, May 09 2013, 11:43 am
unfortunately yes
it was at a time the only thing that my 2 year old did without sitting on our laps.
we were going crazy, she saw her cousins do it and became obssesed.
but the couch is a no no im more nervous bc of paintings and little knick knacks in the living room.
its unsafe, bad for beds, but hopefully shell grow out of it.

mandr

Post Thu, May 09 2013, 11:55 am
Mama called the doctor and the doctor said, "No more monkeys jumping in the bed!"

Haven't you learned the lesson from that book? Smile

greenfire

Post Thu, May 09 2013, 11:56 am
yes ~ it's so much FUN !!!

while we jump we sing Music

Bounce Nervous Bounce Rolling Laughter NO MORE MONKEYS JUMPING ON THE BED Rolling Laughter Bounce Nervous Bounce

yo'ma

Post Thu, May 09 2013, 12:02 pm
Mommy3.5 wrote:
I have bunk beds if they do they will either bump thirty heads on top our the curling, so fast none have been dumb enough to try.....

So do we. The only the beds that's able to jump on is my dh and my bed and that's a no, no, even though I have to remind them from time to time Rolling Eyes .
morah wrote:
The couch is a an absolute no-no. I took 8 stitches in the head from a couch-jumping escapade.

My kids don't necessarily jump on the couch, but they act like maniacs on it. We're getting a new couch soon iy'h because this one is ruined and then it's a big NO, NO!! Twisted Evil

ElTam

Post Thu, May 09 2013, 12:12 pm
No.

My kids were jumping on the couch once. Right as I said, "Stop jumping on the couch," DD#2 tumbled off the couch gashing her ear open. We wound up in the emergency room erev shabbos with the ear cut down to the cartilage. Bandages, antibiotics for two weeks, screaming, blood, huge bill, being questioned by four different people about what happened because what if it was abuse?, etc. It's not worth the fun.

My brother has a huge scar on his forehead from his jumping on the bed adventure. He landed on the edge of the headboard. I'm sure my mother enjoyed holding him down while they stitched up his face.

busydev

Post Thu, May 09 2013, 1:06 pm
mandr wrote:
Mama called the doctor and the doctor said, "No more monkeys jumping in the bed!"

Haven't you learned the lesson from that book? Smile

the book that I have shows the mama jumping on her bed after the 5 little monkeys are sleeping. Very Happy

Maya

Post Thu, May 09 2013, 1:12 pm
No. Not on beds and not on couches.

greenfire

Post Thu, May 09 2013, 1:12 pm
dd#2 was once using the side of my niece's bunk bed as a balancing beam ... yeah she fell and my bro put a bandaid ... wasn't exactly going to close the hole ... so when I came back from wherever I was, off to the er in brooklyn - no fun we were missing the chanuka party - well the kid wouldn't stop giggling and they had to literally tie her down ... when we came home everyone wanted to know what kind of drugs made the kid so giddy - it was nerves

so accidents happen - I guess you just have to know which bed to jump on ... mommies cause she has no headboard Wink

rachelbg

Post Thu, May 09 2013, 7:22 pm
My 1.5 year old jumps in the crib, holding on to the railing. It drives me crazy! Does it for excitement, entertainment, boredom after waking or before falling asleep... Ugh.

granolamom

Post Fri, May 10 2013, 7:13 am
no jumping on beds allowed here. yes its great fun but its pretty bad for the bed. additionally, most of our beds are near windows and I can just picture a kid going right through the glass.
and for sure no jumping on couches. couches are for sitting. end of story.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children