Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Calling all creative people

florida1

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 2:55 pm
I have a bunch of mazal tov cards I got in honor of my babys birth and would like to save them in a creative way. now I just have them in a bag. I have about 50 cards. any creative ideas??

greenfire

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 2:57 pm
paper mache (sp) them onto a bulletin board and then use in babies room or as a "frame" around bulletin board ... just a thought

or how about a mobile ?

florida1

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 3:03 pm
paper mache (sp) them onto a bulletin board and then use in babies room or as a "frame" around bulletin board ... just a thought

what is PAPER MACHE

greenfire

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 3:09 pm
you glue them on - then with craft glue they make a special one I think - you sort of paint over - it dries clear and hard so will preserve the cards and look cute ...

shanie5

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 3:13 pm
nope green-thats using modge podge and called something else-cant think of it right now.

paper mache is when you make a glue of water and flour and put strips of newspaper in it and make something with the gluey strips.

greenfire

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 3:16 pm
okay but you get my idea - put cards around frame cutely and then coat them with special stuff from craft store and get cute push pins (thumb tacks) for middle to hang babies whatever. Oh and get nice ribbon to tie and make a "hanger"

purplesquare

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 3:30 pm
hey call me and I'll tell you how to make a bulletin board from it

Tefila

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 3:33 pm
Quote:
nope green-thats using modge podge and called something else-cant think of it right now.

It's called I believe a colla'ge and I love making those

shanie5

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 3:34 pm
no tefiila, but you did remind me what it is called-de'coupage

greenfire

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 3:39 pm
Decoupage is a type of collage usually defined as a craft. It is the process of placing a picture onto an object for decoration. Often decoupage causes the picture to appear to have depth and look as though it had been painted on the object.

The process is to glue (or otherwise affix) a picture to an object, then adding more copies of the picture on top, progressively cutting out more and more of the background, giving the illusion of depth in the picture. The picture is often coated with varnish or some other sealant for protection.

greenfire

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 3:40 pm
hey shanie I was busy looking it up ...

ny_ima

Post Sun, Mar 18 2007, 3:58 pm
Make a simple collage. Use the card cover plus use the inside greetings along with the applicable baby and haphazardly make up a collage and frame it in baby's room! It's easy. all you need is the picture frame, and glue it all on the inside carton.
(If you are afraid to make a mistake...first scan the cards and have it as backup in the computer)

southernbubby

Post Sun, Mar 18 2007, 4:20 pm
A bit of a project but it will last for years. Have the lumber yard cut a 4x4 into 4 inch square blocks. Use only untreated wood! Sand each block. Cut pictures out from each card and glue them on each side of each block. Varnish them with non-toxic varnish. I know that there is such a product. The result will be a set of blocks that your child could pass to his children. I live minutes from the lumber yard so that is why I think about such things, however I made my own grandchildren's blocks from 4 inch foam squares and fleece. I am a big believer in wooden blocks for kids so I bought them each a set.

HooRYou

Post Thu, Mar 22 2007, 5:47 am
You could probably scan them and print them on to fabric transfer paper and then make them into a quilt.

ssbarnes

Post Thu, Mar 22 2007, 6:48 am
You could cut out the picture, laminate it (using clear contact paper), punch a hole in the top and hang them around the baby's room from the ceiling.

faigie

Post Thu, Mar 22 2007, 11:21 am
I would like to keep them as is, so that I can open them up and read them 25 years from now. id simply get an archivaly safe scrapbook and put them in there, backed with matching paper.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics