Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
My mm idea- what do you think?
1  2  3  Next

PinkandYellow

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 4:02 am
I never did a theme before, but this yr don't want to give just a bunch of nosh, but I don't bake. So I thought of roll/bun, 2/3 slices deli, some tomato and pickle and a little thing of honey mustard. I guess I would saran wrap it, but each thing seperate. and a drink- maybe a can of soda? my question is, if this is an ok idea, whats better- challah roll or a bun? and should I then try to match my son's costume to it? what would be a good idea? am I thinking too much into this?!

supermom

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 4:32 am
I know of someone that did it. She bought fancy plates and napkins and displayed it on there with plastic wrap.

BeershevaBubby

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 4:50 am
Get him a white apron and a paper hat... might want to add a bag of chips?

shanie5

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 11:20 am
are you making it as a sandwich? s/o does that here and every year one of my kids "calls" it. if u are doing it as a sandwich, leave the tomato off so as not to get soggy.

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 11:23 am
I wanted to make deli sandwiches last purim, but DH vetoed it b/c he was nervous about it sitting out too long if people weren't home.

mimsy7420

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 12:43 pm
It's a cute idea.
Here is another cute one.
Buy martini glass at dollar store. Buy those little mini bottles of vodka (like the ones you get on airplanes) A little bottle of orange juice, a little bottle of cranberry juice. Drunken Smile

The only thing is it is only one bracha, so maybe a little bag of pretzels also?

Esther23

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 5:45 pm
my friend did something similar last year. She made a bunch of mini franks n blanks, displayed it nicely on a tray with 2 schnapps cups of ketchup and mustard and wrapped it up with cellophane. She dressed her baby as a hotdog (storebought costume.) It was really cute.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 6:01 pm
I know someone who gives every year the same thing;
a salami sandwich (on a challah roll, I think), a pickle and a can of soda. very practical and different! she put in on a nice paper plate...don't remember how she's wraps it, though.

BeershevaBubby

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 7:14 pm
only1 wrote:
It's a cute idea.
Here is another cute one.
Buy martini glass at dollar store. Buy those little mini bottles of vodka (like the ones you get on airplanes) A little bottle of orange juice, a little bottle of cranberry juice. :drunken smile

The only thing is it is only one bracha, so maybe a little bag of pretzels also?

Add olives and pearl onions....

Bored

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 11:23 pm
shalach manos only has to be one bracha, but two minim

mumoo

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 12:06 am
BrachaVHatzlocha wrote:
I know someone who gives every year the same thing;
a salami sandwich (on a challah roll, I think), a pickle and a can of soda. very practical and different! she put in on a nice paper plate...don't remember how she's wraps it, though.

put it in a brown paper lunchbag

purplegirl

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 12:24 am
I think it's a great idea - you know it is if you think, "hey, that's something I would love to get!" Mr. Green

sarahd

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 12:44 am
I would put it on a bun. I find challah rolls too bready - you hardly taste the deli because of all the bread.

PinkandYellow

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 5:01 am
I thought it was a good idea bec I would love to get it. I would put it in a little basket with napkin, can of soda, and I would wrap the pickles, tomato and deli in 3 diff little saran wraps. (the basket and napkin idea I got from another thread).
I once got this as a mm and they also gave chips. but how would I make them? I'm not into patchking around. maybe there is something simpler then chips that I can give with it?

sarahd

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 5:02 am
Potato chips?

PinkandYellow

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 5:13 am
I think we were talking about french fries.
I know I eat potato chips in a deli sandwich. is that the norm?

challi

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 5:24 am
They sell prepared chips(french fries) in the grocery store, in the frozen section in a big bag all cut up and everything. All you have to do is cook them. Maybe that would work for you?

PinkandYellow

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 5:34 am
Quote:
They sell prepared chips(french fries) in the grocery store, in the frozen section in a big bag all cut up and everything. All you have to do is cook them

I know. you're talking about the see thru and yellow bag? how do you cook them? and then, how would you pkge it?

sarahd

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 5:57 am
By the time you delivered them they'd be all cold and soggy, wouldn't they?

challi

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 6:24 am
I've never made them or bought them, I always make chips homemade straight from the potato. But I'm pretty sure it says on the package( yes you're thinking of the same one as I am).

I'm going now to the store and I'll look and tell you for sure. I'll have to think abt packaging them though.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics