Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Making fun of mezuzah at work

staten islander

Post Wed, May 22 2013, 8:18 pm
I am really disappointed and I need to vent..I freelance-which means I visit clients at irregular intervals for a few hours. I don't interact with a lot of the staff. The client I visited today is a law firm that sublets some of its offices.One office is rented by a frum man(he wasn't there today) and there is a mezuzah on his door.When I came in, I saw a bunch of people standing around the mezuzah and trying to figure out what it is. One guy made a sign of the cross over it.Then another person kissed it, and crossed himself.I know it was just stupidity on behalf of these middle aged men, but it really disturbed me. I would never be so disrespectful to anyone's beliefs

greenfire

Post Thu, May 23 2013, 8:22 am
perhaps they weren't making fun at all ... maybe they were admiring it & making crosses was their religious gesture toward a religious item

I'd be curious enough to go and at least talk to them and let them know exactly what a mezuzah is & what it's for

Kfar

Post Mon, Jun 03 2013, 5:22 pm
SI - that is really disturbing, especially in NY. I am getting mad just reading your post, so kudos for keeping your temper!

G-d forbid it should happen again, but if it does perhaps you can just wander over and say, excuse me, what are you doing? That may be enough to stop them but if not, then maybe you can offer to explain to them about mezuzot. Really, that scene you describe is really disgusting. Exploding anger
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics