Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Too close for comfort...(male co-worker)
Previous  1  2

naturalmom5

Post Tue, May 28 2013, 2:53 pm
Merrymom wrote:
amother wrote:
I'm sorry I have to ask this . MM are you so devastatingly gorgeous and desirable that men are always hitting on you ???

I don't think I am anymore, or at the very least I kind of downplay any beauty I have by how I dress (very simple, barely any make up, hardly ever wear heels). However I can tell you that I WAS devastatingly gorgeous, yes. I couldn't walk down the street or go shopping without getting hit on ten times, since you asked.

Well at least we know why you are so merry , :LOL

Tablepoetry

Post Tue, May 28 2013, 2:56 pm
There is no way I'd say anything. I definitely wouldn't email him. You would be making a huge fuss that will never be forgotten.
Maybe he did it accidentally. Maybe not; maybe he took advantage of the moment to get a little closer. Doesn't really matter right now. He didn't do anything major, he didn't make a pass, he didn't say anything inappropriate. He did NOTHING that would warrant a comment a day later.
If you say something, you are demonstrating that you have been mulling this over for hours and days, and you will make him very uncomfortable and spoil your relationship.

It would be extremely unprofessional to bring this up. It wasn't s-ex-ual harrassment. People will become paranoid of you and your reactions if that's how you react to it.

You can 'own' your personal space and comfort zone without taking drastic measures. Without making it look as though you're hysterical.
Now you know that he's prone to this type of thing, next time you can just say, 'excuse me?' or like octopus suggested, say it's getting claustrophobic. Laugh it off.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics