Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
What size do you wear?I feel so fat!
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

DefyGravity

Post Fri, Mar 09 2007, 9:38 am
suomynona wrote:
DefyGravity wrote:
I think that I'm probably a 6.
I'm 5' and weigh 116 (down from 133!)

Can I ask how you did it and how long it took you? That's exactly how much I weigh and and that's exactly what I'd like to weigh.
I'm 5'2".

It took me over a year - but it definitely could have happened a lot faster. I'd always been the type of person that could eat anything - and tons of it - and never gain weight. I had put on weight slowly over a 2-3 year period. I didn't realize it so quickly b/c a lot of my clothing stretched with me! Also, I didn't own a scale, so I didn't really notice until someone told me that I didn't look as thin as I used to Smile

If you're already used to portioning out food and KNOW how you should be eating, it should come off a lot faster. It took me a long time to learn what I was supposed to eat, b/c I never had to think about it before.

The first thing I did was cut out snack foods - that helped me lose 5 pounds right away. After that I just tried cutting down my portions. It took me a long time to figure out what works best for me. I've found that I need to eat sandwiches in order to keep my portions down. It's just very important to eat a balanced diet - carbs, protein, veggies at every meal.

I think that weight also comes off a little slower when you're not really overweight. Thankfully, I'm within 8 pounds of my goal, and suddenly it's coming off a lot faster. In the past 3 months I've lost 10 pounds. In the past two weeks I've lost 3 pounds!

I think it's coming off faster now b/c I'm following a low-cholesterol diet and going to the gym regularly. I'm eating more carbs than I used to, and I suppose it's because it's such a balanced diet, everything's coming off quickly.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Mar 09 2007, 10:07 am
Lucky you.

Because I was close to 40 years old (on the sunny side, actually) it took me 5 mos to take off 20 lbs! And I walked around hungry a lot of the time, believe me!

MyKidsRQte

Post Fri, Mar 09 2007, 4:22 pm
Im 5"8, and now wear a size 14

amother

Post Fri, Mar 09 2007, 7:37 pm
5'4 and size 0 - used to be 4-6 before baby Confused dr. said I gotta gain weight
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics