Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Size 16-so many of us

amother

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 10:23 am
since so many of us are size 16 and op asked not to write too much there..can I please ask all of you size 16 ladies-where do you shop for clothes?
I find it so hard!

amother

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 10:32 am
I wish I was a size 16! I shop at Marshall's, have the most luck there. Certain brands fit me well, and I can always find them cheap at Marshall's (Liz Claiborn woman, Carol Little), Lord & Taylor (only on sale) but less and less luck there each year and WalMart (ashamed to say). I've got some great skirts there for 8 bucks, bought at least 10! We don't have a WalMart near here and everyone comments how beautiful they are.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 1:00 pm
I'm sure you can find things on ebay.

su7kids

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 1:27 pm
I have found clothes on ebay. I have also found on www.lanebryantcatalog.com (which is changing to womanwithin). I hate shopping in stores, because the plus size section is so limiting, and to get in and out of the car for 1 row of clothing which isn't tzinius just doesn't work for me.

I also shop at Catherines.com (and their store). I also like to shop around now, -- before Purim -- because there is light weight long sleeve tops.

Ebay has been a great source of clothing for me, cos I can literally sit at my desk and browse for sleeves and skirt lengths. (I know I'm heavy and should be using my energy, but I don't have the TIME!)

dr pepper

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 2:29 pm
I wear almost all old navy.

Squash

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 4:25 pm
I don't think you need to be ashamed to say you shop at walmart, amother.

I've gotten stuff at walmart that I got so many compliments on, and they were well made too. I even got a rugby shirt for my son there and everyone thought it was lands' end.

There's no shame in spending very little money on clothes. I think it's commendable, actually.

su7kids

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 5:09 pm
Yes, I shop at Walmart, too.

Right now there are some nice long sleeve long nightgowns which are tznius on lane bryant.

S.Shcwartz

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 6:18 pm
I shop a lot at walmart. My sons look like a million dollars! One of their shirts look like a tommy hilfiger!

amother

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 6:38 pm
Christopher & Banks has a plus size store called CJ Banks.

cutieson

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 7:02 pm
ftf.com fashion to figure a great place to shop and they have very fashionable and trendy stuff I love it

amother

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 7:47 pm
I'm the amother that was the first responder (marshalls, walmart and lord and taylor). Well, tonight I had some time and ran to Lord & Taylor on my way home from work as they were packing up the last of the winter merchandise. It was all marked 50% off the lowest price. I came home with 2 huge shopping bags, not one idem over 20 dollars (my limit). All 3/4 or full lengh sleeves, no heavy sweaters, lots of beautiful cotton tops and seaters and cardigans, long denim skirts, long velvet skirts, long fancy lacey skirts. All beautiufl rich natural fabrics and colors. Ralph Lauren, Singrid Olson... Also had beautiful very dressy jackets which I didn't look at (don't need any more) and dresses -- all tznius. Except for the velvet, all the clothes I will wear year-round.

Thanks for the reminder!

miri123

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 10:17 pm
cutieson wrote:
ftf.com fashion to figure a great place to shop and they have very fashionable and trendy stuff I love it

what is ftf.com? when I went to that site didn't show anything about apparel

cutieson

Post Wed, Mar 14 2007, 10:15 pm
im sorry 'bout that its fashiontofigure.com
its a great site

BrachaC

Post Wed, Mar 14 2007, 10:49 pm
I really like Jessica London- the plus size of Chadwik's. Either by catalog or online Jessicalondon.com or Roamans also catalog and website. There stuff starts off on the cheaper side and if you can wait out the season it will go into clearance. I got a shabbos suit for under $20 in December!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics