Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
I urgently need help with Outlook Express

ruth

Post Wed, May 29 2013, 5:21 pm
I started a job at an office that uses Outlook for emails. My boss emails all of the tasks he delegates to me, so if I loose something or miss it, there is great consequence.

something quirky happened and I can't find the emails in the Inbox once I have read it and flagged it. I found some in the Task box, but not all of them. (Why did this start happening?) Why might they be not showing in the Inbox anymore once it has been read? It wasn't doing this until today.

I don't think I changed anything to instruct the read messages to be moved

I did try to create an alert/notice when my boss' email came in. I did this in Tools

I wasn't the one who set up the folders, etc. so I don't know how to find out what are the defaults.

Any guidance you might provide would help tremendously -- even if it means recommending me to l website that you have gotten clear and reliable help from. Actually, a referral to a good and easy tutorial would be appreciated. I would prefer recommendations which the referrer has actually used.

theoneandonly

Post Wed, May 29 2013, 6:49 pm
Are your emails sorted by flag? If so any email you flag will automatically go to the top of the email list (in the inbox but in a separate section on top). You may have accidentally set it to sort by flag--it's very easy to do. Sorry I don't have any other ideas, I'm not such a computer person.

gamanit

Post Wed, May 29 2013, 8:15 pm
I have a few suggestions:
1) As the previous post mentions, make sure it's sorted by received. You do this by clicking received at the top of the inbox
2) Look if next to the word inbox you see a + sign. If there is, click it and it will show you all the folders in it. Look through the folders and see if you see them there.
3) Look through the rules and alerts and see if any rule that would do this
4) Check in the trash if you're accidentally deleting any of your emails. This can happen if you click on the wrong x on the new email alert.
Hatzlacha!

chocolate moose

Post Wed, May 29 2013, 9:28 pm
Express is quirky. Regular outlook is better

ruth

Post Thu, May 30 2013, 5:07 pm
Baruch hu noten da'at!!!!

I found out what was wrong:

while in Inbox, click to View menu: click to Current View: click IMAP Message (the instructions below say to click "all messages" but couldn't find this) this revealed the hidden messages.

I don't know how this got changed,but the actions above did the trick. thanks everyone for helping me get to this solution.

http://answers.microsoft.com/e.....7a588
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics