Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Are you fasting tomorrow Shiva Asar B'Tammuz?
Previous  1  2  3  4

Are you fasting Shiva Asar B'Tammuz?
Yes, what's the question.  
 26%  [ 54 ]
No, I am either pregnant or nursing  
 45%  [ 92 ]
No, women don't have to fast on these "small" fast days  
 18%  [ 38 ]
no, because of a medical reason  
 6%  [ 13 ]
no, I got a heter not to because it would be too difficult for me  
 3%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 204

amother

Post Tue, Jun 25 2013, 3:57 pm
I heard someone say that a married woman never fasts aside for Yom Kippur and Tisha B'av cuz she's either pregnant or nursing. And if she isn't pregnant or nursing, she's sick so she's definitely exempt LOL !

I always used to fast. Until our LOR told my husband that under no cirucmstances should I be fasting other than on Yom Kippur and Tisha B'av. I'm not pregnant or nursing and not fasting.

Eemaof3

Post Tue, Jun 25 2013, 5:06 pm
Got about 4 hours to go and DD and I are fading fast. Have been home since noon-ish and DD fell asleep for about an hour. I am just trying not get snappish with other 2 dcs. DS asked what is for dinner and I am just brushing him off for as long as possible.

Rutabaga

Post Tue, Jun 25 2013, 5:13 pm
I warned DD ahead of time that fasting makes grown-ups grumpy. I'm hoping not to snap at her, but if I do, then at least she will know it's not her fault.

mdpa

Post Tue, Jun 25 2013, 5:51 pm
I am fasting and at work. In regards to the not fasting even if not nursing with a child under 2- I have a 13 mo but am not nursing anymore- but I am at work until at least 8 PM tonight. So is the under 2 part assuming you are taking care of the kids during the fast? I was wondering today about dh- he is fasting of course, but he's the one home with 3 kids! If people hold women don't have to fast the minor fasts due to caring for children, why doesn't it apply to men?

Mrs Bissli

Post Tue, Jun 25 2013, 6:12 pm
Phew, we just broke the fast about half an hour ago. It was a marathon tzum started just after 1am and ended 10:22pm. I was at work, thank goodness it's still quite chilly/cold. Nothing beats crumpet with butter and marmite, and decaf milky PG tips.

tissues

Post Tue, Jun 25 2013, 9:00 pm
mdpa wrote:
I am fasting and at work. In regards to the not fasting even if not nursing with a child under 2- I have a 13 mo but am not nursing anymore- but I am at work until at least 8 PM tonight. So is the under 2 part assuming you are taking care of the kids during the fast? I was wondering today about dh- he is fasting of course, but he's the one home with 3 kids! If people hold women don't have to fast the minor fasts due to caring for children, why doesn't it apply to men?

Because it's not his obligation.

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, Jun 25 2013, 9:19 pm
mdpa wrote:

Under two is because the body is weakened by pregnancy and childbirth. Not applicable to men.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jun 25 2013, 10:54 pm
I made it to 7pm, but my blood sugar crashed HARD. Having hamburger tonight to get my protein fix.

chanchy123

Post Wed, Jun 26 2013, 4:42 pm
tissues wrote:
mdpa wrote:

Because it's not his obligation.

Yes, it's two years post childbirth. If you had adopted a child under two, this would not apply to you (unless of course, you are unable to care for the child because of the fast).
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note