Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
News: negative effects of intermittent fasting
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 4:12 pm
https://www.today.com/health/n.....43977
I didn't read the whole thing but they're saying it's not healthy

amother
Honey

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 4:18 pm
Always consider the source

amother
Lotus

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 4:22 pm
Articles criticizing it are not new, & there are often flaws in these studies which require a background in reading/understanding sources/knowing how to look up what's sourced.

amother
Mulberry

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 4:41 pm
Of course it’s not healthy. Hashem didn’t create our bodies to function that way

flowerpower

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 4:42 pm
It works for me. I feel much better not eating past 5 pm. No heartburn or whatever. Each body is different!

amother
Amaryllis

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 4:47 pm
amother Mulberry wrote:
Of course it’s not healthy. Hashem didn’t create our bodies to function that way

What about intermittent fasting is not the way hashem created the body? The digestive system needs a break from food

New2Lakewood

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 4:52 pm
on the surface it looks like a likely flawed survey. the conditions were not randomly assigned. likely there are specific personality types who are more likely to maintain this regiment and they are at increased risk statistically. or perhaps those who take intermittent fasting on already have health conditions that increase the risk of adverse health conditions.

amother
Mulberry

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 5:00 pm
amother Amaryllis wrote:
What about intermittent fasting is not the way hashem created the body? The digestive system needs a break from food

Yes. When we sleep

amother
Amaryllis

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 5:05 pm
amother Mulberry wrote:
Yes. When we sleep

It’s not healthy to eat close to going to sleep

ShishKabob

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 5:10 pm
amother Amaryllis wrote:
This, Hashem did not create the body to always be eating, which many of us are guilty of....

tulip3

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 5:38 pm
So many women on this site have blood sugar issues and hormone imbalances. Intermittent fasting makes bigger problems for that crowd. Women past menopause is a different story.

amother
Lotus

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 6:28 pm
I wish people wouldn't be so quick to judge.

Whoever is quick to criticize, please consider that maybe there's more to know. People respond differently too. IF also takes some troubleshooting, it's not an overnight fix & takes some strategizing to find the right regimen for the particular individual.

Like anything, especially online, there's poor information, & good information. There's "educators" who don't know what they're talking about who share hype irresponsibly, & then there are educators who are knowledgeable, some with medical backgrounds, who teach good information responsibly.

It took some time, but IF helped me greatly with blood sugar & hormonal issues & I'm very grateful for it.

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 6:34 pm
It’s good to avoid eating the last few hours before you go to sleep. That part of IF is good. Getting all your calories in a small window of time isn’t good for people with certain issues. Most people can handle eating their meals between 8am and 5pm or 8 and 6 and that’s a moderate IF. Trying to ingest all your calories between 11 and 4 can mess with your blood sugar.

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 6:44 pm
amother Lotus wrote:

Whoever is quick to criticize, please consider that maybe there's more to know. People respond differently too. IF also takes some troubleshooting, it's not an overnight fix & takes some strategizing to find the right regimen for the particular individual.

Like anything, especially online, there's poor information, & good information. There's "educators" who don't know what they're talking about who share hype irresponsibly, & then there are educators who are knowledgeable, some with medical backgrounds, who teach good information responsibly.

It took some time, but IF helped me greatly with blood sugar & hormonal issues & I'm very grateful for it.

Agree.
Signed, a PCOSer who has many health children due to low carb and if. About 16 years ago while newly married and off bc for sometime, Dr wanted to start a clomid cycle. But before he suggested I lose some weight . It worked.

tulip3

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 7:00 pm
amother Lotus wrote:

Hope I'm not detailing this post but how did you do IF that it helped your blood sugar? Fasting is terrible, the crashes aren't fun. I'm having those issues and was told to do the opposite-eat every 3 hours. I would love to learn more. Pm me if you can't post here.

hodeez

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 7:08 pm
I lost 35lb and feel better than ever 🤷

amother
Chicory

Post Tue, Apr 30 2024, 8:46 pm
hodeez wrote:
I lost 35lb and feel better than ever 🤷

Wow that's great. What's your eating window? In how long did you lose the weight?

hodeez

Post Tue, Apr 30 2024, 10:12 pm
Not sure maybe like 4 months? Window is 11 to 5, but I drink coffees before 11

hodeez

Post Tue, Apr 30 2024, 10:13 pm
Probably gained it all back over chag though 😂

amother
Molasses

Post Tue, Apr 30 2024, 10:15 pm
I loosely do this and maintain a good weight.

I ate early over chag because I’m in a hotel, and late dinners and gained 6 pounds. Can’t wait to reset this week.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise