Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
All Aliyahs are on hold?
Previous  1  2  3

hila

Post Thu, Aug 01 2013, 2:04 am
Update - the strike is over (for now anyway) . The two sides agreed to go to arbitration, and all offices should be functioning by this afternoon, Israel time.

Welcome Olim !

etky

Post Thu, Aug 01 2013, 2:55 am
It wasn't just aliya's that were being affected.
My DD's Poland trip is back on, after a few days of suspense, when it appeared that all the August trips to Poland would be cancelled because of the Foreign Ministry's refusal to issue the security men's diplomatic visas, and the 6000 sh that parents paid would have gone down the drain.
My friend from Boston sold her apartment in Israel a month ago and had to come over for 3 days at a cost of $2000 to sign the contract because no consular services were being provided abroad.
This strike also had lots of repercussions for visiting delegations, foreign students, conferences, trade shows etc.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Aug 01 2013, 4:09 am
It's interesting because my parents had friends whose Aliyah was not put on hold at all, so go figure that out Smile bh is all worked out and all of the ancsious olim can get started on their Aliyah journey.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions