Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Grill pan-how to use?

nosher

Post Thu, Jul 04 2013, 10:12 am
I received a grill pan as a gift and I am not sure how to use it. With oil/no oil? How long to grill chicken/vegetables? What else can I grill? Please share your tips and ideas. Thanks

mommish613

Post Thu, Jul 04 2013, 10:44 am
Had a grill pan for many years before I figured out how to properly use it....then I read "fresh and easy" and since then Have been making awesome grilled chicken.

The trick his to spray the grill pan with Pam and preheat on med-high heat for a full 5 minutes. Then place your pre-marinated chicken on. When the edges begin turning white then flip.

You can experiment with all different types of marinades...veggies work well too

yo'ma

Post Thu, Jul 04 2013, 10:50 am
I spray it with a spray, like pam. I grill chicken, steak, burgers, franks, and vegetables. This week I grill a bottom chicken with the bone. I didn't close the grill and cooked each side about 30-40 minutes on each side on low.

nosher

Post Thu, Jul 04 2013, 10:54 am
thank you. Just to clarify, my grill pan does not have a cover. It's a round open pan.

mandr

Post Thu, Jul 04 2013, 10:57 am
You dont' need a cover for it. I grill my homemade beef patties on there all the time. I don't need to use Pam because meat has enough fat in it. I also use it for veggies (like the stir fry frozen veggies) but for those I use a bit of oil or Pam.

mommish613

Post Thu, Jul 04 2013, 11:00 am
nosher wrote:
thank you. Just to clarify, my grill pan does not have a cover. It's a round open pan.

Yes. I have the same. It's like a large frying pan that goes on the stove top (with grill grooves). Not to be confused with an indoor grill like a George Forman

nosher

Post Thu, Jul 04 2013, 11:06 am
I have a George Foreman too. Do u like the grill pan better? Does the food come out more moist?

yo'ma

Post Thu, Jul 04 2013, 11:55 am
nosher wrote:
I have a George Foreman too. Do u like the grill pan better? Does the food come out more moist?

When I make steak on the grill that closes, I find it less moist than when I make it in a pan covered on the stove.

Happy18

Post Thu, Jul 04 2013, 12:24 pm
Since buying a grill pan my george forman has not been used. I really should just get rid of it.

pumpernickle

Post Thu, Jul 04 2013, 1:21 pm
My grill pan is officially my winter grill... when an outdoor simply won't do. one of the favorites to all my family and friends is when I pit Russian dressing on a wrap with sliced tomatoes, sour pickles and lettuce and I fill it up with Jerusalem chicken mix ( a mixture of sautéed onions, chicken nuggets and a sweet and spicy sauce) I roll it up and spray it with Pam and grill it on both sides for a few. Besides for the beautiful grill marks it gets, it's crispy and delicious. It's one dish that's never refused. Ever.

rb10d

Post Thu, Jul 04 2013, 2:06 pm
I also have one and really enjoy using it but I have one question- how to get it clean? I find that mine never comes clean, no matter what I do.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars