Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
I wanna thank Hashem:
1  2  Next

do u feel grateful for your life?
yes  
 94%  [ 83 ]
no  
 5%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 88

amother

Post Wed, Jul 10 2013, 7:42 am
There have been so many sad and depressing posts lately. I feel like people are unfortunately going through soo much pain, so I decided to start a post where everyone can think of the good things they do have in life and thank Hashem for it.

Thank you Hashem for giving me the good life I have and although I struggle with stuff, like anyone else, you shower me with love and soo much good.
So thank you for my family. And thank you for my life.

kalsee

Post Wed, Jul 10 2013, 7:45 am
This is the first time I have ever said something like this on imamother.
IF you had posted with your screen name, this would have been nice and inspirational.

Now, it just feels like you're giving everyone mussar.
JMHO.

yo'ma

Post Wed, Jul 10 2013, 7:53 am
kalsee wrote:
Now, it just feels like you're giving everyone mussar.
JMHO.

Where do you see this? I don't it at all. OP said,
amother wrote:
There have been so many sad and depressing posts lately. I feel like people are unfortunately going through soo much pain, so I decided to start a post where everyone can think of the good things they do have in life and thank Hashem for it.

She did not write that people are complaining about it.

I thank hashem for all the good stuff in my life, but also for the bad because hashem knows what's best for me even if I don't see it. I still complain though Confused Rolling Eyes .

edited for spelling error

Last edited by yo'ma on Wed, Jul 10 2013, 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total

amother

Post Wed, Jul 10 2013, 8:01 am
Oyy every now and then someone posts this.

The majority of people have good lives, with some difficulties. Some people have bigger struggles. No one posts to say everything is great... because they don't need advice... they only post their difficulties because they need help with them. If you post 'everything is great' - a) it sounds self-righteous. b) it hurts those who have do have tough difficulties -

You know, ever since I had a few 'big nisyonos', I've wished people weren't so quick to feel sorry for those with hardships. We're still normal people. Hashem gives the hardships for a good reason, you know. It might actually be WORSE to have a good life with normal difficulties - you might be losing out in the world to come. Who knows what is going on in shamayim, at all?"

Hashem doesn't do anything bad. Just as you are thankful to Him for the good things in your life, one should also be thankful for the bad, if you're going to play that game.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 10 2013, 8:05 am
amother wrote:

The majority of people have good lives, with some difficulties. Some people have bigger struggles. No one posts to say everything is great... because they don't need advice... they only post their difficulties because they need help with them. If you post 'everything is great' - a) it sounds self-righteous. b) it hurts those who have do have tough difficulties -

You know, ever since I had a few 'big nisyonos', I've wished people weren't so quick to feel sorry for those with hardships. We're still normal people. Hashem gives the hardships for a good reason, you know. It might actually be WORSE to have a good life with normal difficulties - you might be losing out in the world to come. Who knows what is going on in shamayim, at all?"

Hashem doesn't do anything bad. Just as you are thankful to Him for the good things in your life, one should also be thankful for the bad, if you're going to play that game.
Excuse me? Hashem doesnt do anything bad? What about giving people cancer? Having couples go through years of infertility? What about making people suffer terribly from mental illness? Those are just a few examples that are part of my blessed life. I am not thankful for any of the bad that hashem has thrown my way and I do not thank him for any of it either.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 10 2013, 8:25 am
Can the title just be changed to - I want to thank Hashem"? The wanna just makes it look so casual, and for some reason it bothered me..

amother

Post Wed, Jul 10 2013, 9:28 am
I talk to hashem like I talk irl that's why I wrote wanna. In any case, I don't know how to change something I posted anonymously.
To all those who say that people go through such crazy things. I've also had/have my share of struggles. A very very fair share. So don't jump at that.
I know people are suffering and I'm not chase vesholom minimizing their pain in any way. I'm just trying to take a minute and focus on the good things we do have in life.
I'm sorry if anyone felt offended. I really didn't mean it in that way.

Op

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jul 10 2013, 9:58 am
amother wrote:
amother wrote:

Excuse me? Hashem doesnt do anything bad? What about giving people cancer? Having couples go through years of infertility? What about making people suffer terribly from mental illness? Those are just a few examples that are part of my blessed life. I am not thankful for any of the bad that hashem has thrown my way and I do not thank him for any of it either.

Rebbetzin Kramer of Holy Woman personally didn't call Auschwitz a bad place. While I don't understand it, IIRC it was her realization of being where Hashem wanted, with the capacity to still tap in to her humanity.
I don't think anyone could, should, or would judge you. Of course we deal with what we see and it's hard not to interpret all such challenges, especially all at once, in any other way. The last thing you'd hear from me is try to reframe, etc. But maybe you can appreciate that other people do when faced with their challenges.

I wish you hatzlacha and simcha in your life, and meaning in the day to day struggles, and that you always continue to feel a connection to Hashem. Recognizing that He is the source of what you're going through is not something everyone would continue to do in your situation and my hat's (figuratively) off to you.

the world's best mom

Post Wed, Jul 10 2013, 10:09 am
I am thankful for the good in my life.

I have plenty of hardships in my life, but it is not BAD. It seems bad to us because we can't see or understand Hashem's reasoning. But Hashem does it because it is good for us.

There used to be a Rav who would realize when there was about to be a pogrom and he would daven that Hashem should not let it happen, and it wouldn't happen. Once he was Niftar, the pogroms came back, because he realized then that they were really for the best, hard as they may be for us.

My brother has cancer. He is on his deathbed now, with probably not a day left to live. And that too is for the good. His 2+ years of suffering were just what his Neshama needed to cleanse it so now he can go straight to Gan Eden. Every moment that he's still here is serving the purpose of preparing his Neshama completely so it won't have to go to Gehenom. Only Hahem knows how much longer it will be.

Imhappy!

Post Wed, Jul 10 2013, 12:51 pm
thank you Hashem for all you have given me. the much good and the hard.
Because it's hard - its obvious to me what my challange in life is - and I know that you gave me the strength to deal with it.
thank you hashem for giving me these challanges and not others. it's not easy and I cry about and kvetch about and my heart breaks from confusion. but I believe that you are a loving father. I wish my life is easier BUT I know its what my tachlis in life is ... so THANK YOU HASHEM

gande

Post Thu, Jul 11 2013, 12:25 am
I want to thank hashem for taking such good care of me and my family. Even though I have some major challenges and Im still very young, I know that this is good for me and helps me grow. I try to appreciate life and focus on what I have not what I don't have. Hashem does so much chessed with us every day he lets us breathe, we have food, and shelter.

marina

Post Thu, Jul 11 2013, 12:36 am
I can't even begin to count my blessings

amother

Post Thu, Jul 11 2013, 1:17 am
amother wrote:

Hi amother, I'm the amother you quoted! My mom died of cancer a few years ago, I have infertility and severe depression. My father tried to commit suicide when I was the only other person at home when I was a child. Okay, don't pull that card on me. Bad examples you brought up! Hashem doesn't do anything bad, but like I said, we're not on the level to be able to see that.

amother

Post Thu, Jul 11 2013, 1:40 am
amother wrote:
amother wrote:

Hi amother, I'm the amother you quoted! My mom died of cancer a few years ago, I have infertility and severe depression. My father tried to commit suicide when I was the only other person at home when I was a child. Okay, don't pull that card on me. Bad examples you brought up! Hashem doesn't do anything bad, but like I said, we're not on the level to be able to see that.
Again, excuse me? Dont pull that card on you? These were my examples and for me I do feel like it is all bad. Those are your feelings and these are mine. I feel that what things hashem has dropped into my lap are bad. And about not being on the level to see if it is bad or not, sorry, I dont buy that. At all. If I go through life having so many nisyonos and hardly any good things, then to me those things are bad.

Again, your opinion is that hashem does nothing bad, but my opinion is the exact opposite. Two people can go through the same thing and see it in two completely different ways. And that is where you and I stand. I completely disagree with you.

fromthedepths

Post Thu, Jul 11 2013, 1:43 am
This thread was supposed to be positive and inspiring. Why begin an argument?

I am thankful for Torah and mitzvos. Especially after reading that article about a boy with bipolar who committed suicide (that someone posted in the Mental Health section).

amother

Post Thu, Jul 11 2013, 3:46 am
amother wrote:
Again, excuse me? Dont pull that card on you? These were my examples and for me I do feel like it is all bad. Those are your feelings and these are mine. I feel that what things hashem has dropped into my lap are bad. And about not being on the level to see if it is bad or not, sorry, I dont buy that. At all. If I go through life having so many nisyonos and hardly any good things, then to me those things are bad.

Again, your opinion is that hashem does nothing bad, but my opinion is the exact opposite. Two people can go through the same thing and see it in two completely different ways. And that is where you and I stand. I completely disagree with you.

Sorry amother but I think you missed the point of my post. There's really no need to get angry though. I'm also entitled to my opinion as you are to yours. Did you even read the end of my original sentence before you replied? Please don't try and fight me. I'm not trying to deny your feelings at all.

amother

Post Thu, Jul 11 2013, 3:50 am
amother wrote:
amother wrote:

Sorry amother but I think you missed the point of my post. There's really no need to get angry though. I'm also entitled to my opinion as you are to yours. Did you even read the end of my original sentence before you replied? Please don't try and fight me. I'm not trying to deny your feelings at all.
I am not trying to fight you either. It just seemed like you were saying. point blank, that hashem does nothing bad. I was showing you that others dont always feel that way. And of course I saw your last sentence, that we cant see the bigger picture. I know that, but that still does not make me understand why so many bad things have happened to me in my life time and I can not see them as good.

amother

Post Thu, Jul 11 2013, 3:55 am
amother wrote:
I am not trying to fight you either. It just seemed like you were saying. point blank, that hashem does nothing bad. I was showing you that others dont always feel that way. And of course I saw your last sentence, that we cant see the bigger picture. I know that, but that still does not make me understand why so many bad things have happened to me in my life time and I can not see them as good.

I wish you lots of strength. Hug

sequoia

Post Thu, Jul 11 2013, 3:56 am
My friend might get deported. So, I am thankful for my American passport.

That's all for now.

amother

Post Thu, Jul 11 2013, 5:47 am
I live in a beautiful kollel community and just found out that one of the couples here is divorcing. He cheated on her multiple times. I can't get over this.
I want to thank Hashem for my stable (forget about beautiful!) marriage. Please, Hashem, let others enjoy this stability too. I'm so pained.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational