Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Dr Chana Gelbfish in Brooklyn

Post Wed, Jul 10 2013, 11:06 am
Anyone recommend her?

amother

Post Wed, Jul 10 2013, 11:11 am
She was my ped when I was a kid and I hated her. I know from people using her that her staff is horrible. They are constantly changing and not always so nice to patients. She has a male Dr. Tessler working with her who people love. He is always available and very on top of situations that need his attention. I think he is there more often than she is.

elisheva25

Post Wed, Jul 10 2013, 12:13 pm
I've used their practice for few years when in was living in Brooklyn. Dr.Gelbfish is older, experienced pediatrician... I think she has experience to back up what she says, and cares about her patients. As far as he personality....I think people love of her...or they don't. I'll just say I liked DR. TESSLER A LOT. He is a new doctor but is very good. Kids like him .He knows his stuff....he knows when to panic and when to chill out. He will go above and beyond to accommodate you in whatever is needed. And he is always available. And when you have a few little kids you need a pediatrician who is available and will.come through. It's also true their staff isn't the greatest....not anyone in particular...just that there is a very big overturn rate. I think the Secretary they have now is very nice. I don't live in Brooklyn and and in comparison its horrible here....I can't find a pediatrician and a practice that will.accommodate me as much as DR.TESSLER did.

mommee

Post Wed, Jul 10 2013, 1:56 pm
I used Dr. Chana as a child and bring my children to her practice now. Dr Chana isn't there that much anymore and is hard to reach. I do feel confident in her experience as a pediatrician though. Dr. Tessler is AMAZING. He is accessible, available, friendly and very on top of things. He goes above and beyond when situations arise. He is great and I cannot say enough praise for him.

elisheva25

Post Wed, Jul 10 2013, 2:23 pm
mommee wrote:
I used Dr. Chana as a child and bring my children to her practice now. Dr Chana isn't there that much anymore and is hard to reach. I do feel confident in her experience as a pediatrician though. Dr. Tessler is AMAZING. He is accessible, available, friendly and very on top of things. He goes above and beyond when situations arise. He is great and I cannot say enough praise for him.

Agree!!!

oohlala

Post Wed, Jul 10 2013, 3:16 pm
I used her as a kid and I liked her. I was at my mom (in bklyn, I don't live in bklyn anymore) after giving birth and she agreed to see my baby a few days after the bris. She was extremely thorough and gave us a lot of time. I definitely saw the difference when I took him to my local pediatrician a few weeks later.
For example, my baby was breech and she recommended a sono for his hips...This is now considered standard, but my sister (who used her 10 years ago when she still lived in Bklyn) says that she used to look into that years ago for every child, since those problems are hard to fix later on, but easy to deal with in infancy. I think she's awesome and very experience, but I'd agree that her office is extremely busy. And the parking is awful. Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics