Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Communities in the shtachim that are more yeshivish/chardal
1  2  Next

Smiling Wife

Post Wed, Jul 17 2013, 2:37 pm
I am looking into a community in YESHA that is hashkafikally yeshivish ir more charedi than dati'l. What comes to mind?

shalhevet

Post Wed, Jul 17 2013, 2:47 pm
Kiryat Sefer

jackiejoel3

Post Wed, Jul 17 2013, 2:50 pm
beitar

September June

Post Wed, Jul 17 2013, 2:58 pm
Moshav Matityahu

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Jul 17 2013, 4:24 pm
Everyone who answered gave you charedi yishuvim. But you mentioned chordal, so does that mean that you are zioni? Are you looking for charedi or charcoal? It is two different things. I thought of not Avalon, not in yesh a but a chordal Yishuv.

sarahd

Post Wed, Jul 17 2013, 5:16 pm
SIC, this post is a riot! Gotta love autocorrect.

b from nj

Post Wed, Jul 17 2013, 5:36 pm
Emanuel is very chareidi.

Hatemywig

Post Wed, Jul 17 2013, 5:36 pm
Nachliel

Otniel

Emanuel

Yitzhar

Kochav Yaakov

Maaleh Amos

Smiling Wife

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 3:08 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Everyone who answered gave you charedi yishuvim. But you mentioned chordal, so does that mean that you are zioni? Are you looking for charedi or charcoal? It is two different things. I thought of not Avalon, not in yesh a but a chordal Yishuv.

Beitar is def too charedi for us, Moshav Matisyahu although charedi ( I think?) is more american and I find it more Chardal yet machmir which is what I am looking into ...we are tzionim ...haha charcoal? that is funny

chanchy123

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 3:31 am
Meitzad/Maaleh Amos - laid back chareidi - many Anglos/other olim and children of olim.

Beitar/Kiryat Sefer/Imanuel - classic Chareidi (actually Imanuel may also still have some more laid back families, but I think many have left, I don't know what it's like in recent years).

Yishuvim that are chardal - as in tziyoni, but very makpid on shmirat Mitzvot: Karmei Tzur, Maon (there is a poster here from there), Kiryat Arba is inclusive but has many chardal families, Elon MOreh, Itamar, Yitzhar, Har Bracha, Beit El, Bat Ayin (also some chareidi families), Revava, Pnei Khever (I think), Beit Chagai.

Edit to add Maale Levona (I think there is a former resident here, I just can't remember who), Kharesha, Neriya
and probably more that I couldn't think of.

These are yishuvim that are almost exclusively chardal, but you can find many chardal families in other yishuvim as well, but they are more diverse.

amother

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 3:33 am
not the op but can you tell me more on male amos
anyone here live there?

chanchy123

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 3:37 am
amother wrote:
not the op but can you tell me more on male amos
anyone here live there?

I live near there, we pass there on the bus to my yishuv. It's a small yishuv (roughly 50 families), many olim and children of olim - Russians and Anglos. It's chareidi, but seems to be more laid back OOT Chareidi, many women will wear denim, and cover their hair with berets or mitpachot rather than sheitels. There is a girls school and a boys TT on the yishuv.

shalhevet

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 3:47 am
I would avoid Immanuel - some of its population is very problematic.

Some of the places chanchy mentioned are very, very right wing politically - just to be aware of, to make sure you are comfortable with that - I don't want to specify, since I don't know enough about each place. And you should also make sure the chinuch values are in line with yours (I'm not talking schools etc. which I'm sure you have thought of, I'm talking about the general yishuv lifestyle which can be a particular style especially in small yishuvim.)

Smiling Wife

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 6:47 am
Shalhevet what do you mean very very right wing politically?

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 7:57 am
Smiling Wife wrote:
shabbatiscoming wrote:

Beitar is def too charedi for us, Moshav Matisyahu although charedi ( I think?) is more american and I find it more Chardal yet machmir which is what I am looking into ...we are tzionim ...haha charcoal? that is funny
moshav matityahu is most definitely NOT chardal, at all. It is not tzioni, it is charedi in hashkafa.

shalhevet

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 8:34 am
Smiling Wife wrote:
Shalhevet what do you mean very very right wing politically?

Like noar hagvaot. Like very pro building new settlements, legal or otherwise, as the first priority in life. If you are not comfortable with that - think carefully and check about each yishuv.

amother

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 7:18 pm
shalhevet- what do you mean about Immanuel's population? we've been looking into moving there... does anyone have any info about Immanuel?

shalhevet

Post Fri, Jul 19 2013, 3:24 am
amother wrote:
shalhevet- what do you mean about Immanuel's population? we've been looking into moving there... does anyone have any info about Immanuel?

When there was the balagan about the school in Emanuel 2-3 years ago (try and do a search here, but you will have to wade through several long threads, IIRC) people both here and irl raised the issues that the population in Emanuel is very problematic. In the beginning it was supposed to be some dream city and then the kablan (or kablanim) went bust in the middle and much was left unfinished. So the people who moved in were those who couldn't afford any better.

Now, that can be nice people. But it can also mean BTs who were at the bottom of society even before they were BTs. I understand the government sent ex-convicts who were BTs in jail there. There are also normative Slonim and Chabad communities as far as I remember.

My dh heard from someone in real life too about all the problems there. I've never been there so check things out and don't take my word for it, but I would tread very, very carefully.

BeershevaBubby

Post Fri, Jul 19 2013, 4:32 am
Maale Levona is NOT Chardal/Yeshivish.

chanchy123

Post Fri, Jul 19 2013, 4:35 am
YESHASettler wrote:
Maale Levona is NOT Chardal/Yeshivish.

Is it just the ulpana then?
I really don't know much about it.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions