Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Dr Diamond or Dr Roth??

amother

Post Wed, Jul 17 2013, 10:35 pm
Who would you recommend?
I read about Dr. Stein on this site. Would you recommend her?

ettilou

Post Wed, Jul 17 2013, 11:05 pm
I'd use Dr. Mermelstein. He's not an alarmist, VERY patient, and super kind.

bnm

Post Wed, Jul 17 2013, 11:13 pm
Diamond's office isn't accepting new patients.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 17 2013, 11:59 pm
I am a patient by Dr. Diamond. I'm trying to decide if I should switch.

Supermom#1

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 12:05 am
Unless there is a very good reason that you want to leave Dr. Diamond, don't switch. I use Dr. Roth.

amother

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 12:16 am
I use Dr. Yelloz. She's super knowledgeable and sooo nice. My kids love her and I feel she really knows her stuff. She's not an alarmist but very cautious.

amother

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 8:51 am
Supermom#1 wrote:
Unless there is a very good reason that you want to leave Dr. Diamond, don't switch. I use Dr. Roth.

Thanks. I needed to hear this. But could you tell me why?

amother

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 8:52 am
amother wrote:
I use Dr. Yelloz. She's super knowledgeable and sooo nice. My kids love her and I feel she really knows her stuff. She's not an alarmist but very cautious.

Where is this dr. located?

runninglate

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 9:04 am
I switched to Dr Roth, and I regret it. She is competent and caring, but you wait FOREVER for her to look at your child for five minutes.

amother

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 5:12 pm
Dr Yelloz is on 54th street bet 14 & 15 ave. She is also there in the evening.

bnm

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 5:38 pm
Dr. Roth only takes calls for 1 hour in the morning, ask about her appointment system too. my friend uses Dr. Roth, every time she calls me with a question and I tell her 'just call your dr and ask' its a tircha... from what I was able to tell (second hand info) Dr. Roth isn't very proactive. my friend's kid was having allergic reactions and Dr. Roth didn't send her to an allergist, one of the others in the group sent her. her kid needed a note for a health para or something and Dr. Roth didn't think it was necessary.

Cookies n Cream

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 6:01 pm
bnm wrote:
Dr. Roth only takes calls for 1 hour in the morning, ask about her appointment system too. my friend uses Dr. Roth, every time she calls me with a question and I tell her 'just call your dr and ask' its a tircha... from what I was able to tell (second hand info) Dr. Roth isn't very proactive. my friend's kid was having allergic reactions and Dr. Roth didn't send her to an allergist, one of the others in the group sent her. her kid needed a note for a health para or something and Dr. Roth didn't think it was necessary.

I've heard similar. She's old school and doesn't think a/t is necessary such as therapy etc.,

rising hero

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 6:10 pm
bnm wrote:

FYI Dr. Diamond's office does sometimes accept new mothers.

Cookies n Cream

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 7:17 pm
Madam F. wrote:
bnm wrote:

It's a closed practice meaning he accepts new mothers that were his patients etc...
Sometimes if you have pull, you can get in.

rising hero

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 7:26 pm
Cookies n Cream wrote:
Madam F. wrote:
bnm wrote:

It's a closed practice meaning he accepts new mothers that were his patients etc...

Not necessarily. I got in this past winter, without being a prior patient or pull. And I know some others that were accepted as well.

malka1237

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 7:34 pm
Dr Diamond is great. Y would u consider switching?

bnm

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 7:35 pm
Madam F. wrote:
Cookies n Cream wrote:
Madam F. wrote:
bnm wrote:

Not necessarily. I got in this past winter, without being a prior patient or pull. And I know some others that were accepted as well.

and I know someone who wasn't. I even asked Dr. Zyskind for her. he did say to try in the summer

rising hero

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 8:14 pm
bnm wrote:
Madam F. wrote:
Cookies n Cream wrote:
Madam F. wrote:
bnm wrote:

and I know someone who wasn't. I even asked Dr. Zyskind for her. he did say to try in the summer

As I said...sometimes. Looks like they accept a certain amount of new patients every once in a while. It doesnt hurt to try.
I was asked in the delivery room which Dr I would like to use and I asked for Dr. Diamond. The next day Dr. Zyskind was there to check up on my baby. Just like that.

amother

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 10:23 pm
I'm glad I asked.
My reason for switching is not because I'm terribly unhappy. I've been a patient by Dr. Diamond's office for years. It's changed a lot lately and is becoming more like a clinic. It wasn't like that before. I would love to find a place that's more personal. From what I read here, Dr. Roth is not what I'm looking for. I'm in no rush to switch so I guess I'll just keep my eyes and ears open.
Thanks for the input.

lovemywig

Post Fri, Jul 19 2013, 10:20 am
I'm using dr Roth and I'm very happy with here. She is a warm caring person who takes interest in your kids and there health. No matter how many patients she has she knows em all and exactly what's the matter with each of em. Her practice is very big yet very personal and not a clinic. Yes she is homeschool and if you feel like your kid needs therapy u tell her you want that. She won't hold you back. Only if you ask her what she thinks she will tell you. She is very much for vitamins and natural remedies. Lately when I went the wait time wasn't long. Maybe was just luck.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics