Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Book submission

ef

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 5:53 pm
Hi

Does anyone have experience with submitting a book to be published by Feldheim or any other Jewish publisher?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
TIA

fromthedepths

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 6:11 pm
Yes. What kind of tips are you looking for?

ef

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 7:28 pm
is it difficult for a book to be accepted? any advice on what would make a book more likely to be accepted? anything that could help me get a better chance of acceptance.

I'm talking about a story geared to kids about feelings. it would include a note to parents explaining how to use the book and how various feelings (jealousy, anger) are normal in children and how to help them manage it.

Thanks

fromthedepths

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 8:10 pm
Sounds nice! The first step is to research publishers and see which ones publish similar books. Your book might be great, but get rejected because that's not what the publisher is looking for. So do your research before submitting.

Also, get publishers' submission guidelines and see what they say.

Also, it always helps to network and get your name around. Have you published in magazines before? Have you attended any writing workshops? What about talks by well-known writers and editors? Personal connections are always good.

Are you on the Soferet email list? You might get more advice there.

ef

Post Sat, Jul 20 2013, 5:51 pm
Thanks!

I do not have connections in the writing field. I am a therapist and wrote this book for a client. I have often thought about writing articles but never had time for it...

What is the Soferet email list?

Striver

Post Sat, Jul 20 2013, 8:41 pm
Soferet is a google group for frum writers. Feel free to pm me for its link.
Is your book idea similar to the "Avi's Heart" collection? According to the way you describe it, I'm afraid there's something similar already on the market.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room