Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Soup
Old Chicken in the Soup!

amother

Post Thu, Mar 01 2007, 7:58 pm
okay, I learned my lesson. When it doubt, throw it out........ but should I throw out the soup?

Here's the story. I had chicken bones in my freezer for like a year and a half. I was trying to decide if I should use them for chicken soup or not. I looked online and saw that it should be good for 9-12 months. My husband said that he thinks it should be good. any bacteria will be killed when it's cooked.

the soup smells fine........but I think the chicken is freezer-burned. I tried the soup, it's good but the chicken off the bones taste funny.

I put in lots of yummy veggies (and I dno't have time or energy or as much veggies to make another soup anyway...)......should I see if I belly ache? should I just toss it? should I see if the soup alone tastes normal?

greenfire

Post Thu, Mar 01 2007, 10:28 pm
not sure - I could see dilema

amother

Post Thu, Mar 01 2007, 10:31 pm
I made my husband taste it. Wink embarrassed LOL shock
he said it's yummy but he could tell something is off, but he would gladly eat it.
so my solution: I'll feed it to him and not guests. Smile I put it in the freezer in small ziplocs.
I don't know what I'll do for Shabbos & Yom Tov. There are always those quick soups in the bag (barley, vegetable, minestrone) that takes no ingredients and are yummy. Smile

yoyosma

Post Thu, Mar 01 2007, 10:57 pm
Personally, I wouldnt use it.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Mar 02 2007, 10:31 am
could you use it as stock for something else? does it pay?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics