Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Adoption in Israel

amother

Post Mon, Jul 29 2013, 4:42 am
Does anyone know what the process is for either domestic or international adoption in Israel is or where one starts the whole process? Which is easier or quicker?

chani8

Post Mon, Jul 29 2013, 6:58 am
If you want a baby/child in your home quickly, there is foster care. There is a special name for foster families who want to adopt. They get placed with babies that are highly likely to be adopted.

That's the newest latest thing here. If you go throu the adoption system, it can take years to get a baby that has approval to go straight to adoption. This foster care program, called Mishpachat Ofek, bypasses the long waiting list. This way babies are placed in the foster families that hope to adopt them, right away.

The only drawback to this is that until adoption is solidified, a foster child can be sent back to it's mother. However that is a very unusual happening for a baby whose status is considered 'ofek emutz'.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 29 2013, 7:01 am
chani8 wrote:
If you want a baby/child in your home quickly, there is foster care. There is a special name for foster families who want to adopt. They get placed with babies that are highly likely to be adopted.

That's the newest latest thing here. If you go throu the adoption system, it can take years to get a baby that has approval to go straight to adoption. This foster care program, called Mishpachat Ofek, bypasses the long waiting list. This way babies are placed in the foster families that hope to adopt them, right away.

The only drawback to this is that until adoption is solidified, a foster child can be sent back to it's mother. However that is a very unusual happening for a baby whose status is considered 'ofek emutz'.
Thank you for the information but no, we are not interested in fostering and we are not looking for right away, I am just interested to know what the process is.
I dont think I would be able to take it if the baby was then taken away from me. Nope, fostering is not my thing.
Also, we would be interested in international adoption as well.

chani8

Post Mon, Jul 29 2013, 7:43 am
I started to write you but had a power out. Anyway, the domestic adoption agency in Israel is called 'sherut l'maan hayeled' and the waiting list is about 8 years for the first child. I think it bumps you up if you will take siblings or special needs.

Good luck! If you change your mind about fostering, let me know. Very very rarely if ever do babies labelled 'ofek emutz' go back to their parents. Often even general foster children become adoptable, and their foster families get the option to adopt. The system desperately needs foster families willing to adopt.

grace413

Post Mon, Jul 29 2013, 10:09 am
There are amutot in Israel that deal with international adoption but I don't have the names offhand. Sherut Lemaan Hayeled may be able to give you info.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions