Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
In Israel with a sick child

allrgymama

Post Tue, Jul 30 2013, 1:58 am
My family is in Israel for a two week trip and we're about halfway through. My four year old started coughing pretty badly three four days ago and, while she doesn't definitely have a fever, there have been points when she's been warmer than normal. I can't -- and don't want -- to wait another week until I get back to America to check this out.

She did have strep about two weeks before we left and I'm on my third round on antibiotics for strep that's lasted for the last five weeks, so I'm concerned that she has it again. (Despite being on antibiotics, I still haven't felt completely better yet, which makes me think this round isn't working either).

Is there anywhere to take an American child in Israel to be checked out by a doctor? Can anyone recommend anyone?

shabri

Post Tue, Jul 30 2013, 2:07 am
Where are you staying? If in Jerusalem try the Wolfson family clinic 02-5610-297. You will prob have to pay privately and submitti your insurance in America. All of their drs are English speaking, most American.

allrgymama

Post Tue, Jul 30 2013, 2:08 am
I'm in Maalot Dafna; thank you so much!

theoneandonly

Post Tue, Jul 30 2013, 3:47 am
Pediatrician in Sanhedria: Dr Meislish 02-581-2093
Family doctor in Ramat Eshkol: Dr Wolff 02-581-0111
Family doctor in Arzei: Dr Slater 02-625-1183

I have used all of them and been happy with all of them. Meislish usually has a long wait in his waiting room. They all speak English. (I think Wolff has a replacement this week but the replacement also speaks English). Don't know how insurance will work out for you though, sorry.

jackiejoel3

Post Tue, Jul 30 2013, 10:06 am
You can also just go to the Terem Clinic and they will see you there. But the cost will be a fraction of what you would pay in the states so it may not even be worth it. (multiple family members have told me that after seeing Drs here)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics