Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Shuls in the 5 towns - where to buy seat for yom tov?

theskirtshop

Post Thu, Aug 01 2013, 3:57 pm
Hi we recently moved to woodmere, sd #15 and are still looking for a shul. I have little ones at home so I often dont get to daven weekly. it is important to me with Rosh and Yom kippur comming up we decide where to buy seats. My husband is a young israel ashkenazi type and I am more a nusach sefard shteibel type, I dont like big crowded shuls and a lot of talking. I want a shul that will welcome kids and will be a good example of proper davening and community as they grow older. I dont mind walking up to 15-20 to get to shul. does anyone have any suggestions or can give by reasonable judgement what some shuls are like in the area?

amother

Post Thu, Aug 01 2013, 4:01 pm
it's hard to say because district 15 is big so don't know exactly where you live? island shul? young Israel is too big? r' ginzbarg shul or the shteibal in Cedarhurst if you are closer to Cedarhurst? the aguda? Edward avenue shul?

theskirtshop

Post Tue, Aug 06 2013, 12:40 pm
we live on the North side of Pennisula , by no 6 school

Rutabaga

Post Tue, Aug 06 2013, 12:52 pm
Welcome to the area!

It sounds like you live near the new Agudah, but that it's not the right shul for you. The YI of Woodmere is huge, with many different minyanim, so you both may be able to find what you are looking for in one building. If you prefer a smaller shul, then check out Edward Ave in Woodmere or BKNW in North Woodmere.

amother

Post Fri, Aug 09 2013, 2:54 pm
or maybe the island shul

amother

Post Fri, Aug 09 2013, 7:29 pm
Dont know the neighborhood but check out where chabad davens might be a good fit. I hear they have a nice minyan.

mema613

Post Sun, Sep 01 2013, 10:30 pm
chabad of the 5 towns is on maple ave. They are very warm and non judgemental. There is a fantastic group for the children so the parents can daven.

amother

Post Sun, Sep 01 2013, 10:39 pm
I would try Island shul. Chabad has the best options for kids but on yomim noraim they have a separate kids area and parents daven in haftr. I'm not sure if you're comfortable leaving them alone(with morahs ) if they don't have any friends there.

granolamom

Post Sun, Sep 01 2013, 11:17 pm
Island is definitely shteible-like. so you might love it and your dh might hate it if he's more YI type.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating