Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
What should your dream house have ??
1  2  Next

ven

Post Wed, Aug 07 2013, 5:37 pm
if you could design the perfect house what should it have ? wich feature does your house have that u cant miss/ is very practical ? ? how would your perfect lay out be ?

saw50st8

Post Wed, Aug 07 2013, 5:47 pm
I would love a great mudroom (cubbies, benches, sink, bathroom right nearby, power in each cubbie etc)

I do NOT have that now LOL

Liba

Post Wed, Aug 07 2013, 5:55 pm
My dream house would have: a laundry room on the main floor, a linen closet, a window seat or two, lots of closets, lots of light and windows, a great kitchen with three sinks and two dishwashers (maybe three Wink ), and the people I love.

reportrmom

Post Wed, Aug 07 2013, 5:57 pm
A self-cleaning feature.

amother

Post Wed, Aug 07 2013, 5:57 pm
3 stainless sinks in the kitchen, fully tiled bathrooms (walls, floor and ceiling), 2 dishwashers

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Aug 07 2013, 6:05 pm
no stairs
backyard
space for endless bookshelves Very Happy

mha3484

Post Wed, Aug 07 2013, 6:10 pm
Besides a kitchen with all the bells and whistles, I fanticize about an indoor pool! It can just be two lanes wide I'm not that picky hehe.

sarahd

Post Wed, Aug 07 2013, 6:16 pm
A playroom. Preferably far away from the living room or wherever guests spend their time. Other than that, big, airy, spacious rooms. And plenty of storage space.

Raisin

Post Wed, Aug 07 2013, 6:26 pm
a playroom off the kitchen with tons of toy storage, bookshelves, couches and floorspace where kids can read and play.

big kitchen with milchig, flieshig and pareve areas, (3 sinks, dishwashers and ovens) open to the dining area so you don't have to leave the room when serving shabbos meals.

big garden with space to ride bikes, climbing toys, and some nice greenery.

laundry room next to bedrooms, with lots of space to sort and iron.

ensuite bathrooms for most bedrooms.

guest room/suite seperate from our living area.

a big storage room with loads of shelves for household junk. (I have that but it is much too small and doubles as a laundry room)

gp2.0

Post Wed, Aug 07 2013, 6:40 pm
A room for every purpose - library, media room, laundry room, workshop, exercise, game room, office, glass breakfast room, observatory, secret room with concealed entrance and so on. Huge closet space. Huge property - front, back sides. Floor to ceiling windows and skylights that can be remotely tinted for privacy.

TehillaHadassah

Post Wed, Aug 07 2013, 6:48 pm
Three kitchens, big porches, pool with fences, guest houses, huge dinning room, mikvah, giant project room, building for a shtiebel, one floor, intercom system, lots of windows, Shabbos window (to watch the sun.) big doors front and back, a private personal space for all members living in the house.
That was fun!
Thanks! Very Happy

spring13

Post Wed, Aug 07 2013, 7:11 pm
Easy entrances - not too many steps to the front door, attached garage with enough room for cars as well as stuff. A long/wide enough driveway for 2 cars.

A covered porch/front stoop so visitors can wait out of the rain.

A craft room and a basement workshop

An eat-in kitchen (breakfast nook!) with three of all the usual things, space for a big freezer, and a huge walk-in pantry.

Laundry on the second floor (ie: near the bedrooms) - maybe a sort of walk-in closet with space for the machines and shelves for sorting and folding.

A changing table area in the bathroom.

Lots of built-in bookshelves and bay windows. Lots of windows (and skylights!) in general, I crave natural light. The living room should double as the library, and have a library ladder.

A finished basement with a guest side and a separate apartment (complete with kitchen and its own entrance) that I could rent out or use as a chesed/newlywed apartment.

A secret passage. I want one so bad.

Barbara

Post Wed, Aug 07 2013, 8:23 pm
Ahhhh.

Formal entry in the front. Side entrance, from driveway, through a mudroom with benches for pulling off/putting on shoes, storage for coats, shoes and sports equipment, and a powder room.

Large kitchen with full size refrigerator and separate full size freezer. Double oven with separate cooktop and microwave, and dedicated warming drawer for meat; single oven and cooktop and microwave for milk. Each on separate wall. Two dishwashers, of course. Marble counters, wood floors, wood cabinets with deep pull out drawers, walk in pantry. Two sinks, each with windows. Separate pantry with sufficient storage space for Pesach things, including a Pesach dishwasher. Breakfast nook.

Formal dining room.

Deck off of kitchen and dining area.

Formal living room. Separate den/game room for large screen TV, games, etc.

Small gym, including an indoor lap pool. This should be in a sunroom or greenhouse, so there's lots of light.

Separate computer room / office / craft room, with floor to ceiling bookshelves.

Master bedroom with walk in closet for me, plenty of wall closets for DH. Master bath with deep tub / jacuzzi, and separate spa shower. Linen closet in that bathroom. Outside of bathroom, a separate vanity/dressing table. Balcony off of bedroom.

Two other large bathrooms.

Three additional bedrooms, all fairly large.

Laundry room on same floor as bedrooms, with room to hang wet clothing, table to fold, sink for hand washing, and room to iron.

Storage attic.

Basketball court and tennis court outside.

Hot and cold running cleaning people to keep this place clean.

rae

Post Wed, Aug 07 2013, 8:24 pm
2-staircases, washing sink in dining room so guests dont have to come into kitchen every shabbos meal when things are messy, mud room with cubbies for all members of family and laundry room upstairs.

abcd123

Post Wed, Aug 07 2013, 8:33 pm
Mud room off the entrance from the garage, separate guest area with bedroom/s and bathroom, washing sink in dining room, large kitchen with solid surface counter and two of everythingand a walk in pantry, enough bedrooms for each kid to have their own and a bathroom for girls and a bathroom for boys, separate homework room with desk area for each, library/study/office for dh, huge walk in closet with built ins in master bedroom.... I'm sure I can think of more too. Hey, a girl can dream....

thinkermother

Post Wed, Aug 07 2013, 11:03 pm
Its amazing how so many of us have the same dream home, but here's mine: spacious formal foyer woh doors concealing remainder of house. Grand circular staircase for those privileged enough to get past those doors. Huge dining room with wood mosaic floor motifs. Separate but adjacent living room. Three of each, sink microwave, oven, counter in the kitchen. Two dishwashers. Over range spout. Tons of natural light. Attached nursery to master suite with whimsical windows. Living area in master suite with love seat fridge and concealed exercise equipment. Walk in shower with six shower heads and pebbled floors. No shower door or curtain. His and hers sinks. Cctv system throughout. Walk in pantry with room for cases of all. Separate guest house in spacious backyard. Large airy pesach kitchen. Enclosed sukkah. Simcha room in basement. Garage with shelving system. Two washers and dryers in large laundry room on bedroom level.
Anyone sponsoring?

ROFL

Post Wed, Aug 07 2013, 11:46 pm
As my parents age and I am aging, I would definitely put in a full bathroom on first floor with a handicapped accessible shower near a room that can become a bedroom if needed for grandparents or or yourselves.
The rest I also dream of , that big kitchen with granite countertops and wonderful easy to take care of floor, majestic bathrooms for ourselves, and one for my boys and one for the girls , lots of big rooms for guests
I did not yet check my lottery ticket from tonight's over four hundred million dollar prize, I guess I can dream of it for another night!

sarahd

Post Thu, Aug 08 2013, 5:38 am
Barbara, when you build your house can you build one for me too? Instead of the tennis and basketball courts, I'd like to have a huge lawn with shade trees in the backyard, flowerbeds in front. And if you could make that Pesach pantry into a complete Pesach kitchen, I'd appreciate that too. Thanks so much.

Ilovechoumous

Post Thu, Aug 08 2013, 7:17 am
everything above.

I go to pinterest to dream about these things.

5mom

Post Thu, Aug 08 2013, 10:06 am
If you want to daydream, try houzz.com
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating