Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Back to school @ walmart - vent

momX4

Post Thu, Aug 08 2013, 10:28 pm
Today I went to Walmart shopping for back to school supplies. With me was my DD, she is 20 months old.

Right outside the store we saw they got new shopping wagons. It the ones where two kids can sit facing the store, not the mom. I locked her my DD and her dolly into the seats. The store manager approached me. She was pushing a new cozy coupe type wagon. She asked if my DD would like to use this one instead. The manager told me that they got yesterday these great new wagons. So I transferred dolly and DD into the cozy coupe wagon. (Which kid would say no to that?)

Once inside the store I grabbed some cereals and headed to the school supply section. After finding most of the things on my list a store employee confronted me. She told me in a loud voice that this wagon may not be brought into the store. It belongs to Shoprite (I checked later, but there was NO store name on it). I told the employee whose occupation was “people greeter” (how ironic) that the manager gave it to me to use. This didn’t stop her from yelling at me. I was so embarrassed since there were people around staring at me and judging me. I told her that I will not argue with her anymore and I walked away.

Once I calmed down enough I went to the front of the store and I found the manager. She was prepped by the employee about the situation. The manager told me that she made a mistake and it does indeed belong to Shoprite. I told her that I was yelled at. She responded that she will speak to the employee.

At that point I was mentally exhausted. I paid for my stuff and I left the store. The “people greeter” employee was at the exit door. She told me that she did speak to the manager and it does belong to Shoprite. I told her I was very upset because she yelled at me. She did apologize, but I think I am done with Walmart.

I don’t think a customer ever deserves to get yelled at. I have had my DD spill drink and snack in stores, and an employee happily came to clean it up. I once even dropped a glass bottle in a grocery, and I was told I don’t need to pay. This is the first time I got yelled at. If it bothered this employee so much she should have quietly approached me and offered to get me a correct wagon. I don’t think it a crime using the wrong wagon in a store.

By the way, my DH said he would have just left the cart there and walked out. I should have done that since I didn’t get all the items on my list.

AvivaM

Post Thu, Aug 08 2013, 10:41 pm
I would be upset too, but are you really going to stop going to a store bc of one bad encounter? If you left the store without doing your shopping, you would have wasted precious time and would end up spending a lot more money. The employee was wrong but we all have out bad days - for all we know the Walmart managers tell the employees to make sure that only Walmart carts be brought in the store.

greenfire

Post Thu, Aug 08 2013, 10:47 pm
the store should have handled their error with more grace
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics