Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
PLEASE-- we are desperate! (car seat related)

wispalover

Post Fri, Aug 09 2013, 1:24 am
Sorry to post this again but time is running out.. Is there anyone travelling either to or from the States (NJ area) with a child up to 11, who would be willing to PLEASE bring me back my (used) car seat? You can bring it for free with a child up to 11 years old! We are happy to lend it out either on the US/ Israel side, but we really need it here by after Sukkot. The carseat is in Elizabeth, NJ right now- could bring it to Teaneck, West Orange etc. Anyone? Please?

(if enough notice could possibly get the seat even to brooklyn)

chanainisrael

Post Sat, Aug 10 2013, 4:44 pm
Have you posted to the various groups/boards in Israel/J'lem? Janglo? I live in RBS. There are 2 main email/lists for our area.

wispalover

Post Sat, Aug 10 2013, 4:47 pm
I guess I could try janglo but I tried NBN facebook group (got very nasty response), brand new mamas, israeli babies etc.

oliveoil

Post Sat, Aug 10 2013, 8:58 pm
You're more likely to get offers if you offer to pay the person for the favor. Shlepping another piece of luggage (especially something as big and bulky as a car seat) across the world is a big deal. Even if you offer $50 - I'm sure that's a lot cheaper than buying a new one, and it's enough to possibly motivate someone to do the favor.

Good luck.

wispalover

Post Sat, Aug 10 2013, 9:11 pm
Yes, I will pay someone $50 for bringing it.

emama

Post Sun, Aug 11 2013, 12:12 am
Try placing it on teaneckshuls, or the west orange egroup/yahoo group.
B'hatzlacha

fiddle

Post Sun, Aug 11 2013, 3:41 am
For what age is the seat? My bother is coming with his 1.5 year old in two weeks. Maybe he'd do it if he can use for the week he's here.

wispalover

Post Sun, Aug 11 2013, 5:53 am
fiddle wrote:
For what age is the seat? My bother is coming with his 1.5 year old in two weeks. Maybe he'd do it if he can use for the week he's here.

it is a convertible car seat. Good rear-facing to 40lbs, good forward facing to 65lbs.

This is the seat:
http://thefirstyears.com/true-.....-gray
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions