Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Choosing a school for dd

amother

Post Sun, Aug 18 2013, 6:20 pm
After much thinking, we have decided to switch high schools for dd. None of the options are fantastic, but we need to choose one.

1. Send her to a school with a poor administrator who happens to be an amazing and nice person. However, the school is poorly run and the girls who go there really don't like it at all. There's an overall bad vibe.

2. Send her to a school that is run fantastically, but middos-wise the people involved aren't so great. The girls at the school do have a nice time, though, and there is a much better "feel" to the school in general.

3. Homeschool dd and hire tutors. However, she would never get any social time with her friends.

We can't decide what to do! And time is running out!

TwinsMommy

Post Sun, Aug 18 2013, 8:44 pm
no other options? If it were me I'd probably choose the really well run school that the students love. Work on your daughter's middos at home, watch who her friends are, and hope her good middos rub off on the girls at school who are still working on their middos?

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Aug 18 2013, 10:39 pm
No school is perfect, but #2 sounds like your best bet.

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Aug 18 2013, 10:56 pm
Are there are other high school girls who would be interested in joining a homeschooling group? I don't like any of your options, TBH.

Jughead

Post Sun, Aug 18 2013, 11:09 pm
unfortunately, running a school seems to ruin people's middos. there are some school administrators who manage to maintain their humanity, but IME, they are the vast minority.
I agree that your options are not great. But if I had to choose from these options, I'd choose #2. (If I understand your post correctly, it is the middos of the administrators that are lacking, not the middos of the student body, correct?)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics