Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Are your kids wearing summery or fall for RH?
1  2  Next

MMCH

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 8:24 am
if your in ny, its still very hot and muggy.
wat are you doing

lk1234

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 8:25 am
summery- it's just too hot and I save money!

Barbara

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 8:26 am
MMCH wrote:
wat are you doing

My son is a teenager, so it doesn't really matter much, but I'm wearing a summer dress. Please don't torture kids with being too hot for the sake of fashion.

Pandabeer

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 9:01 am
never understood the idea of wearing according to calender. wear according to weather

IMHopinion

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 9:02 am
Barbara wrote:
MMCH wrote:
wat are you doing

Please don't torture kids with being too hot for the sake of fashion.

Say that again please. And again.

Maya

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 9:03 am
I have both, and they'll be wearing according to the weather.

Fabulous

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 9:13 am
I bought one or two more pieces on sale for ds summery stuff that will hopefully fit into the beginning of next year. It is too hot!

I also bought some new in between and one wintery thing (you never know for sukkos at night).

I will dress according to weather.

If you really want something nice and new, most summer stuff is on sale everywhere and just buy it a bit bigger so that it will fit Pesach time as well.

Isramom8

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 9:49 am
Being that the temperature will probably be around 34 degrees C (93 degrees F) I'll let you take a wild guess. Wink

mochacoffee

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 9:54 am
Summer stuff for sure. It's just too hot but I got warmer outfits for the fall, in case it does get cold fast and I'm assuming by succos it'll be a little chillier.

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 10:00 am
If the summer clothing fit two days ago, it should still fit in two days from now... Why on earth would you dress them warmly when the weather is summery? It looks strange and will be super uncomfortable.

forever21

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 10:49 am
between cooking for yom tov and getting my kids their school supplies, I dont have time to shop for the fall/winter wardrobe. Why can't they wear what they've been wearing all summer?

busybuthappy

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 10:56 am
I am one of those who definitely has been guilty of putting on clothes that were two warm on rh and succos. But that was because it was sevent five in october, and I wasnt expecting such warm weather. Being that our kids would all be in summer clothes now if it wasnt rosh hashana, why should we put them on winter clothes just because it is rosh hashana? My kids will be in white shorts and short sleeve shirts for rh. Ill check the weather for succos in two weeks.

I think anyone in winter clothes on rh, will look absurd. It is still summer for three more weeks!

MMCH

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 11:16 am
obvvv I wouldnn't put on a a down coat and mittens!!
and I wouldn't make them hot for fashion,

theres a difference btwn tanks tops and summer dresses and a long sleeve cotton dress for the fall!

Isramom8

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 11:28 am
Last RH I was so excited that it started raining that I put on my boots and walked to shul. Which turned out ridiculous because the rain dried up quickly and it got hot again.

chocolate chips

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 11:34 am
Its gonna be 80F of course summer...all the way!!
for myself I kind of bought a few new things which are part summer part winter (ie change it up depending on season) but Ill probably be hot.

Its great, saving money here Smile

And what barbara said 1000 times over. My sil is busy planning her simchas torah outfits already, "what do you mean EVERYONE wears long on smchas torah" I said not if its going to be 75F!

flowerpower

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 2:38 pm
I go according to the weather. If its hottttt its summer stuff only.

myself

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 3:12 pm
Depends on the weather of course. It makes me shudder when I see kids wearing thin outfits, and sometimes even shorts, on Pesach when it's cold here. Likewise when kids are wearing thick velour on Rosh Hashana. The calender should not be your season indicator Smile.
Enjoy the summer while it lasts!

Reality

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 4:33 pm
summer!!

mrt

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 4:42 pm
Its gonna b really hot so summer clothing it is!!!!

amother

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 4:43 pm
Summer! I live in the Southern Hemisphere and spring has just started. First day Rosh H is predicted to be 27C (sorry ladies, no idea what that is in F but it's really hot!). The challenge is now to buy the kids new sandals sometime within the next two days.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics