Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Overnight stay at Dead Sea, yae or nay?

amother

Post Tue, Sep 03 2013, 2:14 pm
B'EH we'll be in Israel next January for about 5 days for a simcha. It's DH and me with two young children. I'm hoping we'll be based in Jerusalem but DH thinks we need a relaxing night maybe at a hotel or spa near Dead Sea. For those who have been there, do you recommend just going there for one night? What's there to do for children? Is it too cold? Is it better to rent a car or go by bus? Is it safe driving or do you have to worry about security? Thank you.

Shuly

Post Thu, Sep 12 2013, 4:46 pm
It will be warmer than Yerushalayim.
When we went around that time of year, we wore long sleeve t-shirts without coats. The kids played in the sand although the water was too cold to do more than dip our feet.
Renting a car can make things much easier as there are some stores between the 2 sections of hotels and there is a separate beach near the second set of hotels, so depending where you are staying, you may need a car to get around. There are taxis though.
One day is nice, 2 days is even nicer, if you can do it. The hotel we went to had a room for kids to play in, a kiddie pool, and of course, the beach.

Tamiri

Post Thu, Sep 12 2013, 4:57 pm
One night isn't worth it IMO. 2 is too few, three nights is nice, four is better. That's my hotel experience.
Check-in is at 3 pm, check out at 10 am... it's not even 24 hours.

Karnash

Post Fri, Sep 13 2013, 1:48 am
Many hotels at the Dead Sea let you check in earlier - you just won't get your room till later. They store your luggage and you can use the hotel facilities - pool, spa, etc. You can do the same checking out. Check out on time but stay for the pool/spa/sea, maybe pay for the extra lunch...So if you only have one night to spend there you can still get 2 days holiday out of it.

DrMom

Post Fri, Sep 13 2013, 2:00 am
I think Ein Gedi is a lovely place to stay. There is more for children to do than at the Dead Sea itself, and you can take a trip to the Dead Sea spa if you want. IMO, the Dead Sea isn't so great for children. The beach is rocky, the water is saline to the point that it will burn their eyes, etc.

Tamiri

Post Fri, Sep 13 2013, 2:35 am
DrMom wrote:
I think Ein Gedi is a lovely place to stay. There is more for children to do than at the Dead Sea itself, and you can take a trip to the Dead Sea spa if you want. IMO, the Dead Sea isn't so great for children. The beach is rocky, the water is saline to the point that it will burn their eyes, etc.
Depends on where you stay. We were at the Herods last month... paradise! Fabulous beach, awnings IN the water. It was delightful!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions