Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
Pareve Cheesecake recipe for Pesach?

Mevater

Post Sat, Mar 10 2007, 9:21 pm
Can it be made with non Kitniyos ingredients?

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Mar 10 2007, 9:59 pm
The tofutti stuff is all soy and therefore kitniyos. What would or could you be using ?

Your question reminds me of a friend, a mom with teenagers - one Pesach she was expecting a lot of guests, besides her fussy kids, so she got herself an inexpensive (like $10) toaster oven, I think at Cosco or some such, and while she did her Pesach cooking, she popped pan after pan of milchig cheesecake to bake into the oven and then the freezer, for yomtov breakfasts, made with either cottage cheese or cream cheese, now I forget which.

After yomtov, rather than storing it for the next year, her kids had it to take to sleep away camp. Since it was inexpensive, she was happy.

Sure, you can't use it as dessert after a meal, unless it's only fish or other pareve or dairy foods, but does that help you at all for breakfasts?

Mevater

Post Sun, Mar 11 2007, 8:08 am
chocolate moose wrote:
The tofutti stuff is all soy and therefore kitniyos. What would or could you be using...

I'm pretty sure that the fancy hotels have come up with a way to make it on Pesach (w/o Kitniyos). I've heard that they've found a way to make almost everything.

Mevater

Post Mon, Mar 12 2007, 6:47 pm
Anybody here related to a baker for a Pesach hotel? They'd probably know.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Mar 12 2007, 8:37 pm
I'm pretty unhappy I typed out that long post.

Mevater

Post Mon, Mar 12 2007, 11:17 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
I'm pretty unhappy I typed out that long post.

I have good dairy cheesecake recipes, but there aren't any dairy Yom Tov meals on Pesach. Possibly on Chol Hamoed though. There's nothing like a yummy pareve cheesecake after a Yom Tov meal, in my eyes. I guess I'll have to do w/o it on Pesach.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 12 2007, 11:25 pm
I'm making a dairy meal on yom tov specifically so we would have cheesecake.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 12:33 am
Thats a cool idea? What are you serving?

amother

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 12:44 am
I haven't fully thought out the menu yet, but probably cheese and potato blintzes, some sort of vegetable quiche or casserole, and I have a recipe for potato gnocchi in pesto sauce that I'd love to try out, or perhaps alfredo sauce. I have to think it over.

one of my kids birthdays is on yomtov and they love cheesecake, so I have to do it!

amother

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 1:44 am
oh I forgot to add fish, too. probably salmon or tilapia.

sarahd

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 6:23 am
My coworker gave me pareve cheesecake that she made with 5 eggs, a pareve whip, juice of 2 lemons and 3/4 c. sugar. The filling makes enough for an 11" tart pan It wasn't bad, but tasted more of lemon than cheese.

What kind of crust will you make?

Mevater

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 7:48 am
sarahd wrote:
My coworker gave me pareve cheesecake that she made with 5 eggs, a pareve whip, juice of 2 lemons and 3/4 c. sugar. The filling makes enough for an 11" tart pan It wasn't bad, but tasted more of lemon than cheese.

What kind of crust will you make?
Either crushed lady fingers, plain or with ground nuts, or some potato starch mixture.

HooRYou

Post Wed, Mar 14 2007, 6:13 am
IF the pareve whip doesn't have to be whipped you could try replacing it with nut cream. I don't ahve the recipe but it is basically put a cup of nuts in the blender and add enough water so that it blends down into a creamy consistency, add preferred sweetener to taste. I have also added cocoa to it and used it to fill layer cakes, YUM! We make it with almonds, the original recipe calls for cashews (do people eat these for pesach and this was not a specifically Pesach recipe) but you could probably use any nuts.

sarahd

Post Wed, Mar 14 2007, 7:15 am
The pareve whip doesn't have to be whipped. That's a very interesting substitution!

S.Shcwartz

Post Thu, Mar 29 2007, 12:50 pm
I like the idea of the nut cream!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics