Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
My mother's attempt to "Help" with a date

Mitzvahmom

Post Sun, Mar 11 2007, 9:06 am
While I adore my mother very much... She is on the web alot, with dating sites and what not.

A 39 year old contacted her for a date, and she said I have a daughter that is 30... The guy is like cool, what is her email.. My mother, not thinking to ask me first gives the guy my email!!! Then gives the link to his profile.

Definately not FRUM!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH

I said please mom, I appreciate it but I do not give out your email when 50+ year old men contact me. I tell them where to find her profile online, and let them take it from there!

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Mar 11 2007, 9:38 am
oyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

greenfire

Post Sun, Mar 11 2007, 9:51 am
didn't she realize that he was not frum and you are ... she meant well ... what are you gonna do medling mothers what else is new ... sorry ... but what about the"guy you really like"

Mitzvahmom

Post Sun, Mar 11 2007, 10:46 am
My mother is still in denial that I am frum to begin with...

what guy Wink

southernbubby

Post Sun, Mar 11 2007, 11:07 am
There was an article in this week's Jewish Press about the role that parents play in finding shidduchim for their children. It advised them to get a clear understanding of what their children were looking for but the point of the article was that parents who spend time at looking for their children's shidduchim are often successful. I saw an article about several non-Jewish men whose mothers found their wives for them. It appeared that the moms met single women and encouraged their sons to date them. In fact, I feel that some singles who are struggling to find shidduchim need to get their parents more involved and to encourage them to devote more time to helping them. I have friends with single children who are always telling me that they simply have been too busy to make calls for their single children. They should be making this a priority.

Mitzvahmom

Post Sun, Mar 11 2007, 11:58 am
um this would not work with my mom... She would find fault with every frum man, and would not run in the same circles that I am looking for in a shidduch.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Mar 11 2007, 12:18 pm
No person can predict where a shidduch will come from. What if the 39 yr old had a co-worker who was frum and refered you to him? The book called Splitting the Sea, by Tamar Ansh had stories of shidduchim that occurred in round about ways. Although it would be great if your mom would cooperate and check out the frum sites for you, or at least not pass your name along, if it happens again, ask the guy if he has any friends who are Orthodox.

brooklyn

Post Sun, Mar 11 2007, 12:35 pm
Every Jewish mother wants to see their children happily married, She probably didn't think, frustrating yes, but all with good intentions.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics