Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Affordable phone &/or internet plan

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Sep 16 2013, 8:13 am
I am currently paying close to $100 a month for Optimum, and am looking for something cheaper. I don't necessarily need cable, but need something for browsing and shopping. I would also preferably like something that would give me Wifi so I can use other devices besides a computer. I'm aware that I can get free phone service by using Google Voice and a device such as Obi100 (although I don't really understand how it would work), but I would still need the internet for that. Time Warner is not available in my area.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Sep 16 2013, 1:47 pm
BUMP

doctorima

Post Mon, Sep 16 2013, 3:25 pm
Not sure why you're paying so much. Optimum definitely has bundles for cheaper. Have you tried calling and asking to see what they can do for you? If customer service can't help you, ask for retention and say that you have to cancel because you can't afford it, unless they can give you a discount. Many people have had luck getting their Internet down from $50 to $30 this way; I would assume with phone you could get even more of a discount. Otherwise you can take only Internet and then do Ooma or one of the Internet-based calling programs.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries