Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
How to round out the edges of a picture
1  2  Next

supermom

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 7:49 am
I have pictures that the edges need to be round how do I do it?

Boys"R"Us

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 9:06 am
I do digital imaging...
I don't mind doing it for you, if you want to send it to me. But I'm not completely clear on what you mean. Do you mean that on each corner instead of an "L" corner, you want a "C" corner?

Mishie

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 9:12 am
How big/small are the pics?

Are they already printed out? (developed?)

Last edited by Mishie on Tue, Mar 13 2007, 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total

withhumor

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 9:15 am
Do you have any graphics software on your computer? Check anything by the manufacturer Adobe. With adobe, you can draw a shape such as a rectangle with rounded corners. Then, you can apply that to any underlying layer as a ‘mask’ and it’s actually quite easy to do. With the more user-friendly scaled down versions, such as Adobe Picture Maker (do I have this right?) you can go to the special effects menu and simply choose ‘rounded corners’, most easy software’s today have that effect.

supermom

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 9:20 am
Thanks for the offer 5boysmom it is twenty pictures am I still up for the offer? 8) THey are small and on my computer.

Withhumor I have photoshop but don't know how to use it that well. I tried to look on the internet for tutorials that are live but I still can't find any.
I also need to put a picture behind the text but I can't seem to put anymore pictures on the same page.

BeershevaBubby

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 9:22 am
What program are you using for the layout?

supermom

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 9:25 am
I don't have a program that is my problem. I have microsoft 2003 all of them. But non of them seem to be what I am looking for.

withhumor

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 9:32 am
Oh, so you have a Photoshop! You can create an ‘action’ where it can then be applied to all 20 photos in a batch… welcome to my world.

First, you need to make a drawing for the rounded edges. By drawing the shape, you can use this easy ‘cheating’ way http://www.depiction.net/tutor.....s.php

What kind of picture do you have, and what do you want to put behind it? you have to learn how to use layers. For example, let’s say you have a picture of a kid,. You clean out the background, and you want to put a scenery behind him. So you need to learn the layers, the magic wand tool…

supermom

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 9:37 am
THis is all from photoshop?

supermom

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 9:38 am
I am trying it now let me see if it works.

supermom

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 9:41 am
It doesnt go past step two.

BeershevaBubby

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 9:44 am
I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but as someone who worked for printing companies for 10 years, if you're planning on sending the work to a printing company, they more than likely WILL NOT accept a Word file. There's all sorts of problems with layout changing from one computer to the next, fonts not being the same and a few other issues.

You have to make sure that it's a PDF file and I'm not sure that Word can properly export to PDF. Please be in contact with the printers as to how they want the file.

supermom

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 9:45 am
Thanks got it. Very Happy It is not so rounded but it will do. How do I do all twenty at one time?

supermom

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 9:46 am
Kmelion wrote:
I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but as someone who worked for printing companies for 10 years, if you're planning on sending the work to a printing company, they more than likely WILL NOT accept a Word file. There's all sorts of problems with layout changing from one computer to the next, fonts not being the same and a few other issues.

You have to make sure that it's a PDF file and I'm not sure that Word can properly export to PDF. Please be in contact with the printers as to how they want the file.

What is a PDF?

supermom

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 9:49 am
withhumor wrote:
What kind of picture do you have, and what do you want to put behind it? you have to learn how to use layers. For example, let’s say you have a picture of a kid,. You clean out the background, and you want to put a scenery behind him. So you need to learn the layers, the magic wand tool…

Okay how do I go about that one. It is a picture of the old city and on top of that the wording has to go on with random pictures on top of that. Confuse you?

BeershevaBubby

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 9:55 am
PDF is a file format... like how Word documents are generally saved as .doc photo files are usually saved as .jpg, .tiff etc and many music files are now saved as .mp3....

A PDF is mostly an uneditable file, meaning what they get is what they'll print. Pictures need to be JPG or TIFFs and embedded into the file and fonts should be converted to paths (I forget what the Corel version of that is) or you run the risk of font conflict...

BeershevaBubby

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 9:57 am
Make your photo collage in Photoshop and then add the text in whatever layout program you're using.

supermom

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 10:05 am
I am still new at photoshop.

withhumor

Post Wed, Mar 14 2007, 12:09 pm
Hi. You can do a few things. You can paint over it very neatly, because the sky is an even solid color. First you need to use the 'eyedropper tool' to capture the color of the sky. Then, on a 'new empty layer' use the paintbrush tool to paint over that building there.

Second choice is to delete it out, leaving a blank hole. Use the 'lasso tool' to be able to draw a selection in freehand. I have a tablet and drawing pen which is way easier than a mouse. draw around a small area. Hold down SHIFT while drawing some more. you can do this in parts , holding down the SHIFT connects all the 'parts' into one big selection. When you're done, simply hit the delete key, and it's gone. now you have to paint some light blue back to fill in the empty area.

You'll need to look up online where those tools are, it's a lesson for itself. have a blast!

supermom

Post Thu, Mar 15 2007, 6:41 am
Thanks. I'm already having a blast. I have learnt so much in the past couple of days I am amazed. The brochure is almost finished now she wants me to cut out a picture into words how do I manage that?

Kemelion I figured out how to do it after I finished my work I save it as jpeg. Thanks for the info.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics