Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Y. Erman a'h - shocking tragedy
1  2  Next

yersp

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 10:22 am
Im sure everyone has heard of the father who collapsed at his daughters wedding last night in Ateres Chynka.
He passed away later at the hospital. BD"E
I'm in shock. shock shock shock shock shock shock shock

(please don't bother asking which hospital it was because everyone will have what to say about that and even if it would've been at one of the top top hospitals, it wouldn't have made a difference. what matters is what this world is coming to.... very sad indeed Crying Crying

Ruchel

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 10:24 am
Crying Crying Crying

shopaholic

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 10:26 am
Yes, DH emailed me about that this morning. It is so sad.

TzenaRena

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 10:36 am
Something like that happened in our community 2 years ago, but the father hung on for a few days. Sad BDE

lotte

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 11:16 am
deep sadness YW informs you of the shocking death of R’ Yankel Erman Z”L, the owner of Kova Hats in Boro Park. He passed away suddenly from a massive heart attack at his daughters Chasunah in Ateres Chinka Hall. Hatzolah worked on him for 45 minutes, but were unable to save his life.

UPDATE: The Levaya will be taking place at Shomrei Hadas Chapels at 3:00PM, and will be going to Eretz Yisroel afterwards. Boruch Dayan Emmes….

gold21

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 11:49 am
so sad that its hard to really process it.... its just so terrible

withhumor

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 11:58 am
I heard he's Kova Hats?

brooklyn

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 12:01 pm
Boruch Dayan Emes.

ShiraMiri

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 12:05 pm
From Yeshiva World News
http://www.theyeshivaworld.com/

R’ Yankel Erman Z”L
March 12th, 2007

With deep sadness YW informs you of the shocking death of R’ Yankel Erman Z”L, the owner of Kova Hats in Boro Park. He passed away suddenly from a massive heart attack at his daughters Chasunah in Ateres Chinka Hall. Hatzolah worked on him for 45 minutes, but were unable to save his life.

UPDATE: The Levaya will be taking place at Shomrei Hadas Chapels at 3:00PM, and will be going to Eretz Yisroel afterwards. Boruch Dayan Emmes….

lotte

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 1:55 pm
E59Y-sorry I didnt realize you already had a post on that.
We should only hear besoros tovot!

sarahd

Post Wed, Mar 14 2007, 3:51 am
So sad. That happened to my husband's cousin's father at his chasuna.

supermom

Post Wed, Mar 14 2007, 5:03 am
BDE Sad It is my husbands good friends father. He was a happy guy.
When was the levaya? Do you know when he will have the levaya here in Israel?

ButterflyGarden

Post Wed, Mar 14 2007, 5:03 am
What happens to the sheva brachot? Can you have sheva brachot and sit shiva together?

shalhevet

Post Wed, Mar 14 2007, 5:11 am
RivkaBatya wrote:
What happens to the sheva brachot? Can you have sheva brachot and sit shiva together?

It isn't together. One is first, depending on what point they were at the chassuna when the father was niftar. I think if they've had the chuppa, they have sheva brachos with no halachos of aveilus, and then sit shiva the next week, but I'm not sure.
(I know someone whose grandmother was niftar at her parents' chassuna.)

MyKidsRQte

Post Wed, Mar 14 2007, 8:15 pm
burech dayan emes

southernbubby

Post Wed, Mar 14 2007, 9:06 pm
There was a Lubavitcher shaliach a few months ago that passed away several days before his daughter's chassunah. The chassunah was postponed until she got up from shiva. The point though is that I have heard several stories of close relatives passing away from heart attacks near or at the time of a chassunah. Is it from stress? I think it could be. One thing that should be emphasized when preparing for a chassunah is that the most important thing is that everyone gets there healthy, rather than getting upset about the flowers that arrive in the wrong color or other petty details.

TzenaRena

Post Wed, Mar 14 2007, 9:55 pm
Quote:
rather than getting upset about the flowers that arrive in the wrong color or other petty details.
although that's not what stresses people out. A chassunah is an expense of tens of thousands of dollars. Halls, caterers and musicians and photographers etc. all have to be paid up front.

Renting an apartment, furnishing it, kallah's gown and sheva brochos outfits, chassans kapote, hat, streimel or whatever. Shabbos sheva brochos. All huge expenses.

Dini

Post Wed, Mar 14 2007, 11:08 pm
from what I heard, there was no stress, he was well excersized & skinny --we don't run our lives

lotte

Post Thu, Mar 15 2007, 5:49 am
Dini wrote:
from what I heard, there was no stress, he was well excersized & skinny --we don't run our lives

So true Dini!
finally the smartest line I ever read at imamother.
If we all remember that our life will be much easier to deal with!
When he was niftear nebech (Mr. Herman)everybody was trying to ask:was he heavy?smoking?sick?no?so then how could it be?
That shows us that we do not run this world!
There is someone up there who decides on every little thing!
It says:
"Eyn adam nokef etzbao lemata-ad she'machrizim aleya milemala"
In simple words:
a person down here,in this world does NOT move his finger-unless it was decided up there that he should move it.

We have an adorable son with PDD as you know NO ONE knows waht causes Autism.Many people ask us all the time: why did it happen?how can it be?what causes it?
Hashem wanted it to happen!That's why it happened!

southernbubby

Post Thu, Mar 15 2007, 6:42 am
BH, I know what gets spent on chassunahs and what the stress is about. What I am saying is that sometimes kallahs get worried about small detaile and we need to emphasize that the important thing is that everyone gets there alive.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics