Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Haredi Yeshiva in Israel for ADHD

amother

Post Tue, Oct 01 2013, 9:06 am
Hi

we have a 16 year old ADHD/Asperger DS for whom we are looking for the right place in Erez Isroel.
It should be a haredi place (yeshivish, white shirt or at least a shirt at all) with short lessons, including some secular studies (computer or whatever) and sports possibilities. preferably a small place where the rebbeim have the time to take care of the boys.

language should be hebrew although DS doesn't speak hebrew yet....

any assistance is highly appreciated!

amother

Post Mon, Nov 11 2013, 9:40 am
I also need to find a place for my 13 year old

my son is adhd so can't sit all day but he is a good boy

I don't want to send him somewhere with a bunch of kids on drugs and using iphones

Isramom8

Post Mon, Nov 18 2013, 10:25 am
ACE? Check and see if it still exists.

Berches

Post Mon, Nov 18 2013, 12:58 pm
what is ACE?

blossoming

Post Mon, Nov 18 2013, 1:22 pm
I must say we have searched high and low all over Israel but have not found any suitable Yeshiva for my 17 year old hyperactive brother in-law. My inlaws are not willing to send him to an off the Derech type Yeshiva, where he will be badly influenced. He is a good boy, no iphone of any sort, but no regular charedi yeshiva was willing to take him and have him help out with the kitchen or something like that. Right now he lives at home, and has went through 5 jobs in the past 3 months. Its a pity there is no frame work here that is willing to accept a good boy from a good family who just can't sit and learn.

mummy-bh

Post Mon, Nov 18 2013, 1:35 pm
http://www.aceisrael.com/
It doesn't seem as if this would be suitable for your son

Berches

Post Tue, Nov 19 2013, 10:14 am
Thank you so far.

Does anyone has an idea about this?

Mesivta N’eimus HaTorah
http://www.neimushatorah.org/

Thanks,

peacemom

Post Tue, Nov 19 2013, 11:49 am
mom for 2

There is an American/Israeli yeshiva in the Old City that may fit him. It's called Bircas HaTorah.
You can PM me for info.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 19 2013, 2:10 pm
Neimus hatorah is in baltimore. I thought op is looking for Israel.

Berches

Post Wed, Nov 20 2013, 2:05 am
Thats true. But there seems to be nothing in Israel. Do you know that yeshiva in Baltimore?

ChossidMom

Post Wed, Nov 20 2013, 5:26 pm
I don't know if you're looking for an English speaking yeshiva.
I have an Israeli neighbor whose son goes to a yeshiva in Teveria. I know that they learn and also do stuff like horseback riding and building stuff. This kid is probably on Ritalin and doesn't have the zitz fleish to sit and learn for long. He absolutely loves this yeshiva. I know of two other American boys going there. They are also from a non standard Charedi family. If you want, I can find out the name of the yeshiva.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 21 2013, 8:20 am
chossid mom
I'm not the op but can you find out the name

do you know if these are good kids or problem kids

(I'm asking because I have a adhd son but he is a good kid and I'm looking for a place for him but not one with a bunch of problem kids)

tehilak

Post Wed, May 14 2014, 8:18 am
We have a yeshiva with vocational training that would be good for your son. Mesivtas Nefesh Hatalmid. www.mesivtaisrael.com You can call me at 054 722 4014

amother

Post Wed, May 14 2014, 9:55 am
I think that making aliya from america bringing a boy who is adhd and trying to fit him in a typical charedi culture that is not going to be a great fit for him is a big big risk. is there a major reason you need to come? there are so many better options for him in america. why dont you come after he is married?
please ask many shailas with educators and rabanim who really know to make sure your not making a big mistake.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics